What does God look like?

Just curious.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:02 AM on Dec. 30, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• "God is a spirit; and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth." "No man has seen God at any time; the only begotten Son, which is in the bosom of the Father, he has declared him." Therefore, the answer to your question: Nobody knows how God looks, because nobody has ever looked upon his face. But that does not make him any less of a person nor any less powerful. "God is not a man that He should lie; neither the son of man, that he should repent: has he said, and shall he not do it? or has he spoken, and shall he not make it good?"
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 9:15 AM on Dec. 30, 2010

• if there are gods they are beyond our comprehension and beyond anything our brains can think up. Maybe pure energy and conscienceness for all we know
    Zoeyis

Answer by Zoeyis at 9:06 AM on Dec. 30, 2010

• Like trying to describe what air looks like....it's everywhere, you know it's there, but how do you describe how it looks?
    heathermarie32

Answer by heathermarie32 at 9:17 AM on Dec. 30, 2010

• I don't know, I've never met him face to face. I think of him as a spirit without any form.

RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 9:19 AM on Dec. 30, 2010

• I don't believe in an anthropomorphic, physical God. I think of Him as spirit. So God wouldn't "look" like anything, IMO....
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 9:37 AM on Dec. 30, 2010

• I think hes a white old guy wearing robes, much like what you see in the movies. But I think he radiates a lot of light so it would be hard to see his features.
    serioussifL

Answer by serioussifL at 9:05 AM on Dec. 30, 2010

• Gandalf
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 9:06 AM on Dec. 30, 2010

• I honestly was just curious as to if most people assumed he looked like Jesus as so many people speak of Jesus as God himself. That is all. :) These were very well thought out answers. :) Thank you for restoring my faith in humanity using their brains! ;)
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:43 AM on Dec. 30, 2010

• Obama?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:13 AM on Dec. 30, 2010