Does anyone know a family member or friend who is over in afghanistan in a forward operating base?

And what they have and dont have as far as food amenities , and how dangerous they are . My son is going with the army and is a surgical tech

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:48 AM on Dec. 30, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• there are things i cant say due to security reasons.....
    but yes my husbands is overseas, hes at a FOB and i have to send him hygene products and snacks and food every two weeks....not allowed to say specifically what food he does and does not have, that can be used as a means to find out exactly where my husband is.
    if you need carepackage ideas please message me personally..
    sandraberke

Answer by sandraberke at 10:33 AM on Dec. 30, 2010

• My son has a friend whose dad is returning for the 3rd time. I don't know where he is based when in-country.
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 10:48 AM on Dec. 30, 2010

• Yes. Food amentities? They are fed well. Danger? It's war. War is unpredictable.
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 12:05 PM on Dec. 30, 2010

• lol really there fed well? this is why i send him snacks...they are fed food but as for the quality of it is a different story...
    sandraberke

Answer by sandraberke at 12:18 PM on Dec. 30, 2010

• my dh i gong over in a few months he is in the guard. on his last deployment(Kosovo) they gave us a list of things he could not have over there, and a list of hygene produts that were ok to send. Im sure he will let you know what he can and can not have.
    jhcz

Answer by jhcz at 12:38 PM on Dec. 30, 2010

• im with Sandrabeke on the qualty of food that is why i would send my dh snacks. when my dh deployed he was 130 llbs. on return he was 111 lbs.
    jhcz

Answer by jhcz at 12:42 PM on Dec. 30, 2010

Do they have a taco bell and mcd's? No... Some bases do have more options ( near Kabul, for instance.) But you need to put it in perspective. It's WAR, afterall. When they are on missions, do they have the same options as they might at the larger camps/bases? Might they want additional snacks from the US? Yup.
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 2:14 PM on Dec. 30, 2010