I just saw my husband's phone bill and there is one number on it a lot...

We've been having problems. He told me in Nov that he wasn't happy bc of my attitude. I've made a huge improvement and he is still acting distant. I can't tell him I invaded his privacy and saw his phone bill. I called the number and no one answers. One call was for 82 minutes! My question is, would you stay if you found out he was cheating? We've been together 13 years, have a daughter, I'm a sahm and we just bought a new house last year. Ugh my stomach is sick...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:50 AM on Dec. 30, 2010 in Relationships

• I don't see you looking at his phone bill as invading his privacy.
    Did you try reverse lookup on the number?
    Find out who's on the other end of that number before you start making plans

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 9:52 AM on Dec. 30, 2010

• you can look up numbers online as well. Thats how I found out about some telemarketers.

google: "looking up phone numbers". There's several sites and its easy
    Zoeyis

Answer by Zoeyis at 9:52 AM on Dec. 30, 2010

• To your question it would depend on the exact situation.Obviously..constant phone calls to/from the same number is concerning and I hope you can find out who the number belongs to.
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 9:53 AM on Dec. 30, 2010

• for all ya know a relative or buddy got a new number. I'd find out first before jumping to conclusions.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:53 AM on Dec. 30, 2010

• the next time he is in the shower, call the number from his phone..
    ObiRenKenobi

Answer by ObiRenKenobi at 9:53 AM on Dec. 30, 2010

• Don't jump the gun.... It might me nothing..

It is hard to stay if someone cheated, because you can forgive someone but it is almost impossible to forget. It could be work related. Try tonight to spice things up, do something you have not done for a while. Continue to show him how much you love him, and don't think he is automatically cheating.

When you do call to check the number, call from another phone number the person is unaware of or check it out online. Be prepared for either way and then try your hardest to make things work if it is the worst case senioro. Good luck!!!!
    KFree907

Answer by KFree907 at 9:55 AM on Dec. 30, 2010

• I, personally, would bring it to his attention about the number. You can't get a problem out in the open if you don't talk to him about it. But that's me.

I can't honestly say whether what I'd do for certain if put in that situation, but I'd like to think that I'd stay if it were something we could work past. Of course, if one person in the relationship doesn't want to move forward and make it work... Well, I'd like to think I would waste no more of my time.

Either way, my heart goes out to you. I hope this is something you can both work through.
    SpaceToast

Answer by SpaceToast at 9:56 AM on Dec. 30, 2010

• You're going to have to ask him about it. Whether he's cheating or not you called the number, there is a good chance that whomever it was knows you called them (caller id), and may have told your DH about it.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 9:56 AM on Dec. 30, 2010

• call from another phone they don't know about
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:57 AM on Dec. 30, 2010

• After you spice things up, and are ready for bed.

Then I would ask him, because the other womans right. If it is a female, she might say you called me around what ever time. Just tell him you don't feel like he is the same....

Good luck!!!!
    KFree907

Answer by KFree907 at 10:00 AM on Dec. 30, 2010