How many times a day do you wash dishes?

Whats the normal amount of times to wash dishes? Do you leave them there all day and wash after dinner? or wash after each meal? or just wash as they are used, like one cup at a time? I'm just curious as to what other moms do.

Collegemommy910

Asked by Collegemommy910 at 9:58 AM on Dec. 30, 2010 in Home & Garden

• usually 2 times a day, depending. some nights after dinner im too tired and leave those dishes til morning, i know thats a disgusting habit but after taking care of 3 small children under the age of 5 all day the last thing i want to do when i get them to bed is the dishes. so if i do wash them before bed, i only have to do it twice the next day (usually the lunch & breakfast dishes then the dinner dishes) but if i save them til morning it can be up to 3 times a day. ahhh!
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 10:03 AM on Dec. 30, 2010

• Uhm well I'm not the maid, we all wash our own and load our own into the dishwasher and when its full, any one of us can turn the machine on and put away dishes when its done.
    Zoeyis

Answer by Zoeyis at 10:01 AM on Dec. 30, 2010

• I load the dishwasher throughout the day, and if I use something that can't be put in the dishwasher I'll usually wash it after I'm done. I can't stand dirty dishes in the sink. (Before I had a dishwasher I washed after every meal).
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 10:02 AM on Dec. 30, 2010

• Hand wash once a day,after dinner

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 10:03 AM on Dec. 30, 2010

• Twice once in the morning once at night
    nicjon

Answer by nicjon at 10:05 AM on Dec. 30, 2010

• Used to be a couple times a day. Then when winter hit and my hands are dry and cracked and bleeding I just put them in the dishwasher. Even using rubber gloves was irritating my skin.
    2BlondeBabies

Answer by 2BlondeBabies at 10:08 AM on Dec. 30, 2010

• DH and I both work, so through the week they only get washed after dinner. On the weekends, it depends on how much cooking/baking I do.
    August07Mom

Answer by August07Mom at 10:13 AM on Dec. 30, 2010

• We only hand wash ours after supper at night there aren't that many from breakfast to suooer as we aren't home most of the time for Lunch
    Moms_Angels1960

Answer by Moms_Angels1960 at 10:16 AM on Dec. 30, 2010

• I wash 3 times a day. Sometimes 4.. if I keep up on them then they don`t pile up on me. Sometimes I get dh to do them but he works 12 hour days sometimes so I don`t.
    Autumn07

Answer by Autumn07 at 10:16 AM on Dec. 30, 2010

• We have a dishwasher. It runs once in the morning and once at night.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 10:21 AM on Dec. 30, 2010