Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

1 Bump

What do you do with gifts that you can't return or exchange?

MIL sent DH a pair of boots that are 2 sizes too small and sent me a pair of sandals that are ugly as sin. We wanted to just go exchange for the right size/something we like but there is no store in our state that we can go to do this. Just wondering what you all do. I don't want to call her and ask her to do it for us because that just seems a little rude!


Asked by Ctink8189 at 10:02 AM on Dec. 30, 2010 in Shopping

Level 21 (11,991 Credits)
This question is closed.
Answers (16)
  • I'd donate them

    Answer by butterflyblue19 at 10:02 AM on Dec. 30, 2010

  • As far as your husbands boots, him calling her and asking her isn't rude.....they don't fit. Your shoes, I would just give them away, donate them or something like that.

    Answer by 2BlondeBabies at 10:07 AM on Dec. 30, 2010

  • Re-gift them or donate to a womens shelter. someone might really need them even if they are ugly.

    Answer by Collegemommy910 at 10:04 AM on Dec. 30, 2010

  • I agree with donating. Give them to someone who could use a pair of boots or sandals.

    Answer by SpaceToast at 10:03 AM on Dec. 30, 2010

  • I say the same, give them to a shelter for needy people if you don't need them and can afford it. If you know the store and really want the boots if their good, see if you can exchange them by mail. Same w/the sandals if good ones, if not go for the charity, some poor souls out there could use any kind of shoe when in need.

    Answer by MyAngel003 at 10:08 AM on Dec. 30, 2010

  • donate em, sell em on Ebay, toss em

    you can always claim they broke or got washed away at the beach or something.

    Answer by Mandz1 at 10:04 AM on Dec. 30, 2010

  • I would not htink it is rude to tell the Mother that something doesn't fit and can they be exchanged. As far as the sandals I would donate them to the Womens Shelter, Goodwill or wherever you can.

    Answer by Moms_Angels1960 at 10:10 AM on Dec. 30, 2010

  • Donate, regift or sell.....

    As for being rude, you can call and say they don't fit. Maybe she has a reciept or can tell you where they came from usually franchise stores, like kmart, walmart will give you a gift card to shop in walmart without the reciept because of the holiday....


    Answer by KFree907 at 10:13 AM on Dec. 30, 2010

  • if it were me I would either donate them to a charity or sell them in a yard sale.

    Answer by horsegal2760 at 10:13 AM on Dec. 30, 2010

  • Donate! Call around they will pickup after the new year. My pick up is Jan3.

    Answer by gammie at 10:40 AM on Dec. 30, 2010