Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

2 Bumps

Can my sons father employer contact me regarding child support?

My sons father is currently living in China and comes back to the country every 3 months or so. He works for his brother in China, and his brother found out that I'm trying to get child support through the court because he doesn't want to give me the amount we agreed on anymore. His brother called me last night trying to tell me the situation on how his brother isn't working at the moment and has an apprenticeship contract with him that last a year and that he has to intervene with me going through the legal process because he doesn't want his brother to break the contract if they suspend his visa. Later he calls me asking for my lawyers information etc and refuses to give me the name of his company or any way of getting a hold of his brother. My question is, can I use this as harassment or how I use this to my advantage in court? Is there anything he can actually do for his brothers Visa not to get frozen until the paper work is taken care of? I refused to give him any of my information, I told him it wasn't his concern and that if my attorney needed to talk to him he would call him.

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 10:24 AM on Dec. 30, 2010 in General Parenting

Answers (6)
  • I would talk to your attorney about it....

    Answer by Anonymous at 10:27 AM on Dec. 30, 2010

  • Sounds like a power play on the brothers part. It is not appropriate for him to contact you. Speak with your attorney immediately about it. Also start a log of the calls, or any contact. date, time, who you spoke with and the general gist of the conversation.

    Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 10:30 AM on Dec. 30, 2010

  • It may not be appropriate as an employer, but it was appropriate as a brother.

    Answer by twinsplus2more at 10:33 AM on Dec. 30, 2010

  • I was going to say the same as twinsplus2more. The manner in which he did it, as the employer, was not ok. If he had been calling just as a brother and trying to explain things to you, not that it would be "appropriate" or any of his business, but technically that would be more acceptable. I wouldn't have anymore to do with him and just fill your lawyer in on the call.

    Answer by Jessica157 at 10:45 AM on Dec. 30, 2010

  • just tell your lawyer about the call and get an answer machine and every time he calls tell him your recording him i bet the calls stop......

    Answer by cara124 at 11:09 AM on Dec. 30, 2010

  • I would talk to your lawyer. (: good luck!

    Answer by Mom2Just1 at 8:27 PM on Dec. 30, 2010

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.