Dear moms, is it possible that my 2.5 months old is teething??

She's been unusually cranky for the past three days and today when she smiled I saw something on her upper gum. Is it possible she is teething?

olivia101510

Asked by olivia101510 at 10:28 AM on Dec. 30, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Yep, it's certainly possible. My daughter got her first tooth at about 3 months. She just turned 1 and she has 6 teeth
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 10:30 AM on Dec. 30, 2010

• Heck yeah. No such thing s too early; babies can be born with teeth!

Answer by gdiamante at 10:33 AM on Dec. 30, 2010

• It is possible. I would give her some tylenol to help with her comfort.
    coala

Answer by coala at 10:34 AM on Dec. 30, 2010

• yes
    cherribarnett

Answer by cherribarnett at 10:34 AM on Dec. 30, 2010

• My nephew had teeth at 4 months, so it is possible.
    pixidst73

Answer by pixidst73 at 10:34 AM on Dec. 30, 2010

• Yep...I tried to use the teething rings but they were to big for DS then so I put damp washcloths in the freezer and he would chew on those...It worked great but the downfall is he would be all wet afterwards lol....so be sure to use a bib if you try it...Hope she feels better =)
    Shelii

Answer by Shelii at 10:34 AM on Dec. 30, 2010

• Absolutely.
    When my sons cut teeth, their gums would be noticeably swollen, and had sort of a whitish-yellowy looking cast to them from the swelling. Oh, and drooling. Lots and lots of drooling. That first tooth is so exciting, so enjoy! They'll all start coming in fast once it comes in!
    SpaceToast

Answer by SpaceToast at 10:35 AM on Dec. 30, 2010

• My first cut his first tooth at 6 weeks. The first ones are generally center bottom..but anything is possible. From the time my son was 4 months...until 24 months he had as many teeth in his mouth as he was months old. He was the first so I thought it was normal, LOL. Imagine me freaking out when my next son didn't cut a single tooth until he was 9 months old. :)
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 10:38 AM on Dec. 30, 2010

• Yes. My daughter started teething around 3months, but she didn't get her teeth until she was 6months and now she is 10months and has 6
    Kaydenz_Mom

Answer by Kaydenz_Mom at 10:41 AM on Dec. 30, 2010

• Yep! GOOD LUCK teething can be the devil : )
    ErinML

Answer by ErinML at 10:42 AM on Dec. 30, 2010