read any good books lately?

i don't really have a genre. i have read the first two books in the twilight series and plan to finish it. i have also read three of jodi picoult's books. i am just always looking for a new author or an amazing book to read.

sterlids

Asked by sterlids at 6:21 PM on Nov. 10, 2008 in Entertainment

• they are kind of old, but gary zukov has some good ones, neale donald walsch has some good ones, if you are into that sort of thing.
    JumpingHoops

Answer by JumpingHoops at 6:25 PM on Nov. 10, 2008

• "Eat, Pray, Love" by Elizabeth Gilbert. Soooooooooo good!
    BlueFrogMama

Answer by BlueFrogMama at 6:27 PM on Nov. 10, 2008

• Hmmm, I have several going right now. "Intensity" by Dean Koontz. I have read it a bajillion times but I love it. "The Persian Boy" by Mary Renault. It's an older book, but if you like historical fiction, it's really good. It's about Bagoas to persian eunch that was lovers with Alexander the Great.
    I am also working on "Blood Noir" by Laurell K. Hamilton. I have been into her series forever. (I am almost done with it). And this evening I started "The Academy" by Bentley Little. Love him, his books freak me out.
    Oh, did I mention I was addicted to books and reading?
    evilabbysmom

Answer by evilabbysmom at 6:38 PM on Nov. 10, 2008

• I just finished The Pillars of the Earth.
    lizardgal

Answer by lizardgal at 8:08 PM on Nov. 10, 2008

• TWILIGHT! I'm obsessed!
    beadingmom17

Answer by beadingmom17 at 11:27 PM on Nov. 10, 2008

• Stephen King books are awesome, I'm reading Duma Key right now and its pretty damn good.
    DanielleStover1

Answer by DanielleStover1 at 8:19 AM on Nov. 11, 2008

• The Five Love Languages by Gary Chapman...it will change the way you think about your spouse and yourself. I had if for years, and just read it after some intense difficulties with my husband. It has changed me.
    traciesbw0101

Answer by traciesbw0101 at 8:37 AM on Nov. 11, 2008

• I devoured the Twilight series and am looking forward to the movie. Then I got into the Sookie Stackhouse series ....Trublood. Nothing else lately!
    mom2boys007

Answer by mom2boys007 at 10:44 AM on Nov. 11, 2008

• Recently:
    Duma Key, by Stephen King
    The latest in the Odd Thomas series by Dean Koontz- all of the books in this series are quite good!
    Pretty much anything by Stephen King I like..I love the way he infuses so much life into his characters and the way his books interconnect through certain plot points and characters and throughlines. Some of my favorites are: the Stand, It, The Girl who Loved Tom Gordon, Desperation and it's counterpart The Regulators, The Talisman and it's counterpart, Black House (written with Peter Straub)
    Also, most of the Prey books by John Sandford...Rules of Prey, Hidden Prey, Sudden Prey, etc. Most of them are great, though there were a couple in the middle of the series that felt like a ghostwriter or something...just not the same impact.
    Happy Reading! :)
    jespeach

Answer by jespeach at 6:02 AM on Nov. 12, 2008