Faith, Belief or Religion?

Reading another question, started me wondering ... Which is more important to you on your spiritual walk?

Do you think they are all the same or can you separate them?

EX: You believe there is a God but you have no faith in that God. 

SpiritedWitch

Asked by SpiritedWitch at 10:35 AM on Dec. 30, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• i have faith that my beliefs are right (for me). however, religion is just a fancy word for following all the man made rules aligned w/ a belief. ive found that many ppl have religion but no faith and that makes no sense to me!
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 11:05 AM on Dec. 30, 2010

• I believe in God and I have faith in God, but I don't really care for man-made religion.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 10:39 AM on Dec. 30, 2010

• I have faith in my beliefs, and I believe there is a god.
    LizzieAnnesMom

Answer by LizzieAnnesMom at 10:40 AM on Dec. 30, 2010

• I believe in God and I have in faith in Him.
    Snewo

Answer by Snewo at 11:00 AM on Dec. 30, 2010

• Religion...not important.
    Faith...important on an every day level not just spiritual.
    Belief...very important if you are gonna have a spiritual walk at all(and it also goes for everyday things as well).

TO ME, religion is simply the community and rules/regulations for said church and beliefs. It isnt necessary for a personal connection and walk with your higher power/beliefs.

Faith is just important in all things. You need faith to have belief and that goes in people, in God(s), in life itself.

Belief...if you dont believe in something then you'll fall for anything isnt that the saying LOL. To believe, to me, just means you know something to be so. It also goes for things in our everyday life. Like I believe my kids love me...Ive seen that in action so I know it to be true. Same with my spiritual walk, Ive seen the Gods love for me and mine so I know its true.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 12:27 PM on Dec. 30, 2010

• Belief
    MamaK88

Answer by MamaK88 at 12:43 PM on Dec. 30, 2010

• They can be separate for some. Some people go through stuff and can be angry with God. I don't think God minds he can take it we have to deal with whatever we feel.

RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 10:40 AM on Dec. 30, 2010

• I have no belief in any god and therefore have no faith in any god. I do however believe in my own self and my own self worth. I believe we are all a piece of "divinity" and we can do so much for each other when we embrace that.
    sahmamax2

Answer by sahmamax2 at 10:43 AM on Dec. 30, 2010

• My view of the concept of God is different than most, and it doesn't really require 'belief' or 'faith'. Some basic concepts in Pantheism:

* Reverence for Nature and the wider Universe.
    * Active respect and care for the rights of all humans and other living beings.
    * Celebration or our lives in our bodies on this beautiful earth as a joy and a privilege.
    * Realism - acceptance that the external world exists independently of human consciousness or perception.
    * Strong naturalism, without belief in supernatural realms, afterlives, beings or forces.
    * Respect for reason, evidence and the scientific method as our best ways of understanding nature and the Universe.
    * Promotion of religious tolerance, freedom of religion and complete separation of state and religion.

Buddhism is essentially non-theistic, so it's up to the individual to address whether theism is relevant to them.
    pam19

Answer by pam19 at 10:50 AM on Dec. 30, 2010

• I do not believe in any god/goddess/higher power/deity. I have plenty of faith, in various things too numerous to mention. I see religion as nothing more than a tool with which to control.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 10:53 AM on Dec. 30, 2010