Ok, so did Jesus sin or what?

Earlier I asked if not having faith in God was a sin? (really confusing, I know!)

If its only a sin to those who are backsliders and are losing faith then, would Jesus be guilty of that very sin?

Proverbs 3:5-8  Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and do not lean on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make straight your paths. Be not wise in your own eyes; fear the Lord, and turn away from evil. It will be healing to your flesh and refreshment to your bones.

but then Jesus doesnt trust that God is there when he is dying...

(Matthew 27:46) My God, My God, why has thou forsaken me?

Just his human error? Was the OT not valid for him? Was this a sin? Whats your opinion?

sugahmamma

Asked by sugahmamma at 10:37 AM on Dec. 30, 2010 in Religious Debate

• Jesus took the sin of the world upon Himself when He did and God could not look upon Him covered in sin. Jesus did not commit the sin, but He took the sins of the world.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 10:38 AM on Dec. 30, 2010

• I agree with scout mom 100%. Jesus was the only perfect, sinless person to ever walk the earth.
    cbk_mom3

Answer by cbk_mom3 at 10:41 AM on Dec. 30, 2010

• When Jesus asked his Father why he had been forsaken it was becuase the sins of the world had been transfered to his shoulders and the Father was turning his face away. It wasn't that he wasn't trusting him.
    mommytoJames512

Answer by mommytoJames512 at 10:43 AM on Dec. 30, 2010

• @scout_mom I see what you are saying, but now Im anxious to know who made Jesus doubt his Father's presence? How did God cover the sin? If Jesus did not commit the sin of doubt, what was he doing when he shouted out those words? Was he just throwing some sin off his back?

sugahmamma

Comment by sugahmamma (original poster) at 10:44 AM on Dec. 30, 2010

• what scout mom said lol
    LizzieAnnesMom

Answer by LizzieAnnesMom at 10:44 AM on Dec. 30, 2010

• He was not doubting his Father. He was quoting the first line in Psalm 22.
    Snewo

Answer by Snewo at 10:50 AM on Dec. 30, 2010

• God is a Holy God. This means He is absolutely perfect in all He is and does. Jesus, while finally bearing the sins of the whole world was the most repugnant thing to a Holy God (not of course in Himself but because of the sins He bore). The Bible says He 'became sin' for us. At that moment the Father had to turn His back, so to speak, on His beloved Son, just as He will one day turn His back on all who have rejected Him. Jesus then, in that awful moment, experienced the forsakenness of all who reject God's love for them.

Jesus had been connected to God until that moment. When he was forsaken by God, Jesus had experienced separation from God.
    LizzieAnnesMom

Answer by LizzieAnnesMom at 10:52 AM on Dec. 30, 2010

• "Whosoever is born of God(Jesus) does not commit sin: for his seed remains in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God." 1 John 3:9 "We know that whosoever is born of God(Jesus) sins not; but he that is begotten of God keeps himself, and that wicked one touches him not." 1 John 5:18 "And he{Jesus}went forward a little, and fell on the ground, and prayed that, if it were possible, the hour might pass from him. And he said, 'Abba, Father, all things are possible unto thee; take away this cup from me; nevertheless not what I will, but what thou wilt." Mark 14:35-36 According to all of Scripture, Jesus Christ was without sin. That is what made Him the perfect sacrifice for ours!
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 10:52 AM on Dec. 30, 2010

• turning into a quoting bee
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 11:01 AM on Dec. 30, 2010

• Jesus was not doubting his Father's presence, God could not look upon Him covered in sin. There wasn't doubt, so much as feeling abandoned, at least this is how I see it. It would have been the first time Jesus was completely separated from God.

scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 11:05 AM on Dec. 30, 2010