Bummed but happy for my friends

Im a little sad. A bunch of my friends either got engaged or announced they were pregnant over the Christmas holiday. I am happy for all of them but a little sad myself. My SO and I talk about getting married all the time, he wants to surprise me with a ring, we have talked about kids and what we want. Some of my friends have only been with their SO for a months and one woman(shes my moms age) got engaged after like a month with a new guy. Im just sad that I know Im gonna get married eventually but I kinda want it now. I want to announce my engagement and have people happy for me. I am bummed a little that some of my young friends like 19, are married with 2 kids while Im 25 and not married yet. Should I just wait for my SO to pop the question or should I talk to him? We have already agreed that we will be married, eventually. But I dont wanna wait years.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:45 AM on Dec. 30, 2010 in Relationships

• Tell him you want a time line so you can plan for the future

Answer by admckenzie at 11:24 AM on Dec. 30, 2010

• Honestly, and this isn't meant to sound harsh, but it looks like you want the engagement more than the marriage. Enjoy your time of getting to know each other and being young and "free" to do what you want when you want. It'll happen! And not to bash your friends, I just want to try to shine a light on the bright side, but what do you have to be jealous of? Seriously. Engaged after a month to a new guy? 19 with two kids? ENJOY this time! =)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:51 AM on Dec. 30, 2010

• I'm 34 and a single mom. I'd like to get married and have another baby too. It'll happen, hang in there =) You're young.
    TARARENEE

Answer by TARARENEE at 10:47 AM on Dec. 30, 2010

• How about YOU ask HIM? This is the 21st century and you are allowed.

Answer by gdiamante at 11:16 AM on Dec. 30, 2010

• I'd talk to him. You can get engaged and plan to marry in a few years if need be.

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 11:04 AM on Dec. 30, 2010

• We talk about it a lot. Im looking forward to the marriage, not the engagement. But we have to be engaged first so yes im looking forward to that too. Im very much enjoying out time together. Im just eager I guess. Im excited and happy to start my life with him. I was just a little (2%) expecting my ring on Christmas so now im a little sad. I will talk to him. He the greatest man and Im sure he will understand my feelings. I am happy as the GF but will be honored to be his wife.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:24 AM on Dec. 30, 2010

• p.s. I recently got engaged (after I broke up with a jerk in Nov). I don't wait for men to ask me. I plant the seed during conversations then before you know it you are talking dates and he sits and scratches his head wondering what just happened? lol

Answer by admckenzie at 11:27 AM on Dec. 30, 2010

• Dont' feel pressured to do something because everyone else is. You guys have talked about it, enjoy your time together. It will happen when it's the right time.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 11:27 AM on Dec. 30, 2010