help

I'm trying to get my 2yr old son on a daily schedule before my new baby comes. she will be here in dec. My 10m old is on one already she pretty much put herself on one.
What is your 2yr olds daily schedule i need some ideas anything would be apreciated.(SP?)

edgpag

Asked by edgpag at 6:30 PM on Nov. 10, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• We get up between 4-8AM. I know big difference but My husband gets up at 4 and stirs us so if we aren't that tired, we are up. I make his berry milk, give him water, a piece of fruit, yogurt or some morning snack. I have my coffee and check my emails while he eats. Make & eat breakfast. Clean tup while he watches a cartoon, plays with toys. We get dressed and head out to or do some crafts. Then lunch & repeat with our clean up routine I try to start dinner by 3PM so we can eat as soon as my husband gets in. He plays with Daddy while I clean up from that. We go vist family or run errands we didn't finish in the morning. He has his bath, brushes teeth and puts on jammies. If we don't have plans to go out, I do this as early as I can, right after dinner clean up
    We all have a little down time watching tv, playing on the computer. We read a book and talk and play a little more and then he goes to bed usually by 830PM
    Allysmom11

Answer by Allysmom11 at 7:06 PM on Nov. 10, 2008

• Why the need for a schedule? The new baby won't have a schedule.
    Take things as they come..
    And enlist the help of family and friends.. When you need a couple hours to sleep, call someone over and ask them to please entertain your children..

My two year old's "routine" is pretty much: we wake up together at 10am, her, me and new baby..
    Have a cup of coffee..
    Bum around a bit..
    Try to get off our butts to go to a playgroup, outside to play, or to run errands simply to get her out of the house and keep her entertained..
    We eat when we're hungry, not by the clock..
    We watch Big Comfy Couch at 7pm, Jeopardy at 7:30, bath at 8..
    Try to go to bed around 11pm..

Liyoness

Answer by Liyoness at 7:39 PM on Nov. 10, 2008

• I want him on a schedule because i have no one to help me so i need him to be and yes the new baby will be on one my 10m old was when she was born she has pretty much been one schedule her whole life.
    WOW seriously? My kids get up at 7:30 and go to bed around 8 or i try.
    edgpag

Answer by edgpag at 7:49 PM on Nov. 10, 2008

• I have 5 girls. Yes we are all on a schedule. Ages 9,6,5, are in school. I get them up at 6AM and they leave at 7The 18mo and 2mo stay home The 18mo may wake up at 6 or 7 she gets a cup of milk and sleeps til 9. I feed the 2mo at 9. She sleeps all night. I work out will the 18mo eats breakfast for about 30-45min. Then I eat and talk to her. She is now potty trainning so she sits and watches a learning tape and then plays til 12, we start lunch/feed the newborn and she plays or takes a nap til 3. I feed the 2mo.
    bluehope1

Answer by bluehope1 at 10:35 PM on Nov. 10, 2008

• The 3 school kids come home. They all eat a snack and free time til 3:30. Help with homework til time to cook dinner. We eat and are done by 6:30. Feed the 2mo. The big kids take a bath while the oldest cleans the kitchen. I give the babies a bath and its quiet time from about 7:15 til 8. Lights out. 8:30 Lay down the 18mo for bed. The oldest takes a shower. I feed the 2mo at 9 and again at 10:30 or 11 and she's good til 9am. We don't go out that often. This schedule works for me.
    bluehope1

• You don't have a single friend? Not a single family member? NO ONE who cares about you and your children?
    I find that very, very hard to believe.

It is perfecly alright to ask a friend to come over and help you out. People who love you want to spend time with you and your children and want to make things easier for you.
    Truly.

And yes- I'd much rather have night owls who go to bed when I do, than wake up at the crack of dawn. I value my sleep :-)
    I don't run my life according to a clock- I don't see the point. I get much more quality time with my kids if I allow them to take the lead.

Liyoness

Answer by Liyoness at 11:26 PM on Nov. 10, 2008

• I am guessing that your concern is that your two year old doesn't nap??
    If you lay down with your kids for an afternoon nap, the two year old will sleep, too.. It may take a few stories, and allowing him a snack while he tries to fall asleep, but it can be done..

I'm not sure why you're asking advice on a schedule if you already have a strict one you expect your kids to follow..
    Liyoness

Answer by Liyoness at 11:28 PM on Nov. 10, 2008

• i dont.
    and yes i have people around but none that are willing to help. Thats not the point.
    And i value my sleep to but even if my kids stay up til 10 or 11 they wake up no later then 8am. And i get up even if im tired because thats my job. I dont have a Strict schedule for them if something like what you do would work i wold do it but they just wont. And no my 2yr does not take a nap. My 10m old does and she goes to sleep when she is tired Like i said she pretty much put herself on one.
    And i would rather not have my kids thinking they make the rules thanks.
    edgpag

Answer by edgpag at 11:37 PM on Nov. 10, 2008

• What rules?
    Rules about when they eat, what they do for fun, or when to go to sleep??
    *Shrug*

And if none of your best friends are willing to help you out, I'd re-evaluate those friendships. I don't know what I'd do without my best friend who is there for me in a pinch, or my mother who is all too willing to spend time with her grand-daughters, even if it's for something as "trivial" as giving me a two hour nap, so I can feel more refreshed and be a better mother to my children..

What is it you're worried about, exactly, once the new baby comes?
    Liyoness

Answer by Liyoness at 1:16 AM on Nov. 11, 2008