HOw can God be forsaken by God?

If Jesus was God as the human manifestation - God the son, then how is it possible that he was forsaken by his extended self - God the father when he is said to be omnipresent?

If you believe (like many do) that he was forsaken in the presence of sin that he(meaning Jesus) carried for the world, then wouldnt that also mean that God is absent from those who sin? Or that God is absent from the world - which is still full of sin. Then again, as pam19 reminded me earlier, isnt he in everyone who loves?

HOpe this isnt TOO confusing...

sugahmamma

Asked by sugahmamma at 10:51 AM on Dec. 30, 2010 in Religious Debate

• Okay, here's the easiest way I know to explain it... God, Jesus and the Holy Spirit are all part of the Trinity but they are not the same person (or being). Think of a boiled egg. It has three parts, the shell, the white and the yolk. You know that all three parts make up the one whole of the boiled egg, but you can peel away the shell, remove the white and have the yolk - all three are separate things in their own right. The Trinity is the same way, three parts that make one whole but each part is it's own thing as well.

scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 11:09 AM on Dec. 30, 2010

• Matthew 27: 46 Jesus asks , ''Father, why have you forsaken me.?"

In reality Jesus is not the father, but the mere disconnected form of his word, from God the father, so when he is apart from him, isn't it like when we are apart from our dads? Do we not ask sometimes why we feel alienated from our own dads? Surely this was a time of excruciating pain, and anyone who has a dad would know that when you are crying out , deep in distress, and pain, it's because we are yearning for our parents attention. He was coming to his father as a child would . Asking , why?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:18 AM on Dec. 30, 2010

• Because Jesus is not God. jesus is Gods SON as stated at Matthew 3:17 Look! Also, there was a voice from the heavens that said: “This is my Son, the beloved, whom I have approved.” Jesus is as much God as you are one of your parents.
    LizzieAnnesMom

Answer by LizzieAnnesMom at 11:43 AM on Dec. 30, 2010

• I prefer explaining it this way, like us God has a Soul (The Father), a Body (Jesus), and a Spirit (The Holy Spirit). And like our spirit can be separated from our body so can God. Remember we were created in Gods image.

But no, God does not walk the earth today but He promised that where two or more are gathered together in Jesus name there God will be also. His Spirit was left for us to help us.
    BUTTERCUP777

Answer by BUTTERCUP777 at 11:44 AM on Dec. 30, 2010

• Thank you lizzieann's Mom. very nicely verified and true to the word. We need to know this so no more distinctions are made apart from his being the Son, and the father is only the father, 3 separate identities, 3 different jobs, and 3 distinct forms, not all 3 in one. But God was always here. That part is very awesome!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:56 AM on Dec. 30, 2010

• Ultimately we don't know because fully comprehending the Trinity is impossible for fallen man.
    -Eilish-

Answer by -Eilish- at 12:00 PM on Dec. 30, 2010

• God did not forsake God.. God forsook the human part of Jesus ... remember Jesus came as a human to feel and endure like a human would and therefor God turned for a moment because of the SIN Jesus carried

LizzieAnne Please explain this scripture then: Jesus answered, “If I want glory for myself, it doesn’t count. But it is my Father who will glorify me. You say, ‘He is our God,but you don’t even know him. I know him. If I said otherwise, I would be as great a liar as you! But I do know him and obey him. Your father Abraham rejoiced as he looked forward to my coming. He saw it and was glad.”
    The people said, “You aren’t even fifty years old. How can you say you have seen Abraham?[j]”
    Jesus answered, “I tell you the truth, before Abraham was even born, I Am!” At that point they picked up stones to throw at him. But Jesus was hidden from them and left the Temple. John 8:54-59
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 3:09 PM on Dec. 30, 2010

• @Shaneagle777

Jesus is also known as the Archangel Michael and was also considered to be Gods first creation. Therefore he would have been alive in heaven when Abraham walked the earth. And I do not see what that had to do with the scripture I posted.
    LizzieAnnesMom

Answer by LizzieAnnesMom at 3:59 PM on Dec. 30, 2010

• I said it before and I'll say it again, Jesus was all man and all God, both God and the Son of God, not half and half or one or the other but both at the same time! Get off Gods throne and quit trying to put God in a box! He's God! He can do what He wants however He wants to do it!

Now quit arguing with eachother and fight for eachother spiritually through prayer if nothing else! Do good!
    BUTTERCUP777

Answer by BUTTERCUP777 at 5:36 PM on Dec. 30, 2010

• BUTERCUP777 you are the one who came in here with a hostile attitude. There is no reason we cant debate our points of view. After all this is posted in the RELIGIOUS DEBATE section of Answers. I thought that meant we could debate our points of view.
    LizzieAnnesMom

Answer by LizzieAnnesMom at 6:41 PM on Dec. 30, 2010