How to improve toddler's eye hand coordination?

My daughter is 18 months. I would like to help her with hand eye coordination. It's not that she lacks it or anything. I just want to aid with my child's development more. I want to do some things with her that don't involve expensive toys to achieve this.

ChildGoddess

Asked by ChildGoddess at 10:51 AM on Dec. 30, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Stringing beads on string (or cheerios or froot loops if she can do that small of a hole), can she color yet (markers are easier, with crayons they have to push down more for dark color), putting pennies in a piggy bank, doing puzzles, etc.

Answer by missanc at 10:57 AM on Dec. 30, 2010

• One of the easiest things to help this along is putting small objects (big enough so choking is not a issue) into plastic containers or empty Puffs containers and show her how to fill the containers and empty them plus pour the items into another container. My kids loved this and the little16 month old I take care of loves it. You can Google eye hand coordination too and should see useful links. Enjoy!
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 10:57 AM on Dec. 30, 2010

• puzzles, building with legos, those toys where you fit the shaped blocks in the right holes...
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 11:11 AM on Dec. 30, 2010