Thinking about getting an I-pad...thoughts?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:59 AM on Dec. 30, 2010 in Technology

• I am using mine right now! I love it!
    Noosa

Answer by Noosa at 11:01 AM on Dec. 30, 2010

• My DH got one for Christmas, he loves it!! The screen resolution is amazing, and it's FAST! I've heard rumors that the price is going to go down mid next year when they come out with a different version, but I don't know how true that is. (And it didn't stop me from getting one for DH).
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 11:12 AM on Dec. 30, 2010

• I set up my cousin's for her (she's a little tech-challenged) and HATE it. All the things I want it to do at all, it doesn't do. The keyboard is impossible (I type about 100wpm, except on a touchscreen with no texture to the keys so I have to look ALL THE TIME, grrr) --even the external one, which more than rather removes the usefulness of it as a stand-alone tool. The fact that it's not a whole, free-standing computer boggles my mind --it's less a free-standing unit than the iPhone, which is pretty amazing at 5 times the size. You MUST have a computer for it to function... and for that money, you can buy a netbook that does all the same stuff and a whole lot more. A ridiculously huge Whole Lot More.

Like, at a base price of $299, you can get an HP touchscreen netbook like this one: http://h10010.www1.hp.com/wwpc/us/en/sm/WF05a/321957-321957-64295-3841267-3955550-4097331.html
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 11:16 AM on Dec. 30, 2010

• I have it and I like it. It is super fast!
    MLM0503

Answer by MLM0503 at 11:21 AM on Dec. 30, 2010

• I just got something like it for xmas. It's from Barnes and Noble. It's like a Nook, but I also get e-mail, go online, read books, get e-mail, store photos. It was cheaper than the iPad. I love it, but all I've done so far is read books.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 11:25 AM on Dec. 30, 2010

• I got one for Christmas (actually it's for my 19 month old DD by her grandpa), and i loveit. It's amazing. We have downloaded a ton of fun apps for her, her favorite movies are on it, and it is great to just prop up when we are out. She can color, do ABC flashcards, watch her movies or tv shows, ply games... And at 19 months, she is already using it like a pro. I love it...
    And what makes mine awesome is that I found a case for it that makes it look like an etch a sketch lol
    Mme.Langley

Answer by Mme.Langley at 11:29 AM on Dec. 30, 2010

• Get it!!!
    we have 2 my dh bought one for me and one for himself so we won't be using eachothers...lol
    i love mine it is like a mini laptop and all the music videos you can down load along with movies I like to use mine while I am using the treadmil watching movies or listening and watcing videos...Get one you won't regret it.
    Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 3:04 PM on Dec. 30, 2010

• Oh the only draw back on the Ipad is that is doesn't have a flash player. you can't watch most video off the net.
    Oh and on the new version the only difference is possibly a camera added to it and the screen smaller :/
    Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 3:10 PM on Dec. 30, 2010

• I've heard they're great and that they have TONS of apps....but a little expensive.
    shanapiv

Answer by shanapiv at 9:56 PM on Dec. 31, 2010

• I'd wait for the price to come down - it always does with new technology.
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 7:38 PM on Jan. 2, 2011