alright, we all know periods suck. you get bloated, cramp, not to mention it gets pretty nasty. But does anyone else actually feel pretty good despite the symptoms? adult content

I had my daughter 15 months ago, I bled after having her and had one normal period and then I got the IUD. I had the IUD for a year and then started experiencing some horrible pelvic pain and ended up having to have it removed. It took 2 normal periods for me to start feeling better. Now every time I get my period it feels good to me...like I cramp pretty bad and it's gross but it makes me feel good cause it feels like my system is being cleansed. Am I the only weirdo that feels like that?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:19 AM on Dec. 30, 2010 in Health

• Not sure, but I hated it. It made me feel gross to be a woman. I am now done with them and I can't tell you how much better I am.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 11:21 AM on Dec. 30, 2010

• Hmm, yeah, you are! lol j/k I feel horrid rotten no good while dealing with it. Yes, I know I should be glad it's coming, it means I'm not pregnant (but if I'm not having sex anyway I know there's no way I'm pregnant!), but still, it renders me totally useless, I cannot function for 3 days while I have it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:21 AM on Dec. 30, 2010

• I don't mind my period so much, it's the pre-part that I hate. LOL.
    TARARENEE

Answer by TARARENEE at 11:21 AM on Dec. 30, 2010

• I actually don't have many symptoms myself other then slightly sore boobs before. Since having my kids I have come to respect my body and what it can do a lot more and tend to look at my period as a cleansing thing to. We are both a little bit different then normal, but I also don't feel it is weird. I feel everything is life is good or bad based on how YOU perceive it and I try to perceive everything positively.
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 11:26 AM on Dec. 30, 2010

• When mine would be regular I loved it. I felt much better and had lots of energy. As my endometriosis and PCOS got worse I started hating that I could no longer function for most of the month. I felt pretty good on my period though.
    army_wife_06

Answer by army_wife_06 at 11:37 AM on Dec. 30, 2010