HAVE YOU EVER BEEN MAD AT GOD?

When my DD was killed I was mad at GOD, blamed him for quite a while, I just couldn't understand taking a child so young and w/a baby left behind. I had " a lot of therapy ", Support Groups and with a lot of my own thinking I realized GOD didn't kill my DD, and hopefully took care of her when she died. The reason I finally realized this, I couldn't have gotten through this if GOD hadn't helped, I knew I couldn't have done it by myself. Have you had any time in your life to be mad at GOD and eventually figured out it wasn't his fault?

MyAngel003

Asked by MyAngel003 at 11:26 AM on Dec. 30, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• I have never been mad at God, but I have been very upset and not able to understand his reasoning when my Godfather died this past year. He was young (early 60's) and suffered terribly battling cancer. He tried every treatment available to him and suffered horribly. He was a very, very religious man and very deep in his faith. He was such a huge part of my life and more of a father to me than my own. (I am crying as i type this.) I still have a hard time even speaking about it. Anyway, I loved him with all of my heart and he was such a wonderful man and I just couldn't understand why God felt it was his time. I suppose maybe he had touched so many lives and helped so many people that maybe God felt his work was complete. I don't know. I am not mad at God, just still hurt. I know that my Godfather would not want me to feel this way. It's a process I think.
    buzymamaof3

Answer by buzymamaof3 at 12:53 PM on Dec. 31, 2010

• I was, for several years, until I realized that there wasn't a god to be mad AT. I might as well have been mad at the wolf for eating Red Riding Hood's grandmother. I truly feel that it was your own strength and actions that helped you survive your tragedy. That helped me survive mine. But if it makes you feel better to think that some caring, invisible deity helped you, I guess that's your choice.
    witchqueen

Answer by witchqueen at 11:40 AM on Dec. 30, 2010

• Yes I have. And at times I still am. I was 16 when my father was killed in Iraq in 2005. I don't understand why God wanted to take a wonderful man from this world that could do and would do more good. At times I still don't understand and I"m mad but I know that God didn't take him. He recieved him.

I'm so sorry for your loss. I could never imainge losing my babies.
    rebel07

Answer by rebel07 at 11:29 AM on Dec. 30, 2010

• Yes I have been mad at God. My son was kidnapped by his father and I went through alot back then and didnt understand why things were happening the way they were. Later even though I had custody ex was taking me to court for alot of BS and I couldnt understand why God was allowing this to continue on and on. I lost custody of my son in 2007 and through no fault of my own. We had been to court so many times the judge just wanted to see how a change of custody would work, if it would keep us out of court. Of course it worked since I dont take people to court for fun. I get to see my son, and have 4 other kids at home & 2 grandkids have been born since, but i blamed God for allowing it to happen. Now things have changed and I realize it wasnt for nothing. I have been able to help other moms, kids and learned alot and I am getting my son back this year.

Answer by gemgem at 11:39 AM on Dec. 30, 2010

• Yes ... when my Mawmaw passed away. She was my favorite. I used to spend entire weekends, Friday night to Sunday evenings with her. I wanted to be with her instead of being at home. When she died, I was PISSED. Of course, I was only about 11, maybe 12. God didn't need another Angel in Heaven! I needed my Mawmaw here!!

However, I did not get mad at God when my son passed away two years ago at the age of 22. I had already left Christianity and had a much better relationship with God, so I had a better understanding that when it's our time, it's time.
    SpiritedWitch

Answer by SpiritedWitch at 11:41 AM on Dec. 30, 2010

• No I really haven't been mad at God because I have an understanding of His sovereignty. Do I always understand what He is doing? No but I choose to trust that He has my best interests in heart. The only time I yelled at God was when I was mad at a person... I didnt blame God or wasnt mad at Him , I just needed to get it out of my system but its very rare for me to do this.
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 3:13 PM on Dec. 30, 2010

• Yes I have
    Moms_Angels1960

Answer by Moms_Angels1960 at 11:40 AM on Dec. 30, 2010

• I know my own strength and actions helped me thru this tragidy, but yes I feel GOD gave me that strength and guided me with my actions. I just didn't want to live with so much depression and hatred towards GOD, I'd much rather hate the boy that killed her if I must hate anyone. Some how I'm learning not to hate him so deeply as I have, not quite there yet with him, may never be. I just pray now he lives with that memory everyday of his miserable life!! BUT, ( witchqueen ) as you say, if it makes me feel better to think that, that is your opinion and your right to feel that way, just not mine.
    MyAngel003

Comment by MyAngel003 (original poster) at 12:40 PM on Dec. 30, 2010

• I'm sorry for your loss. But it would take me believing in your god to be angry with him.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 1:17 PM on Dec. 30, 2010

• Yeah, I was mad at "God" for a long time. I wasn't mad when my mom died. I wasn't mad when I endured abuse. I wasn't mad when I was moments from being murdered. What pissed me off was when I realised that "God" lied to me and he is not the same as he was today, yesterday or tomorrow. Why couldn't such a 'God' keep consistent records? I realised I had the wrong idea labelled as 'God." We can all try to describe God as we see it but it's never the full explanation. If your heart does not ring with truth, then it's not true; for you. God is such a personal experience, all the books ever written can not contain the idea. For me, the Gods exist, many. Each conducting a part of life, in harmony or discord but contributing no matter what.
    isabellalecour

Answer by isabellalecour at 10:31 AM on Dec. 31, 2010