Do we live in a haunted house?

My 9 y/o dd is scared of her bedroom...I do not know what to do, she says she hears a tapping noise and breathing in there. She would rather sleep on the floor on our room.

Another thing mil is here and is sleeping in the room next to dd, I asked dd if she was hearing grandma and she said no, then mil says you know I was startled awake because I felt "someone" get into bed with me. She said this out of ear shot of dd. Thankfully!

Our house is only a couple years old. What could be happening?

Noosa

Asked by Noosa at 11:27 AM on Dec. 30, 2010 in Home & Garden

• IDK, but have the house cleaned, as some others were saying. I would let her sleep in your room, even if it's nothing...maybe she is just needed extra security right now.
    kaileymom79

Answer by kaileymom79 at 2:02 PM on Jan. 1, 2011

• i agree w/ all above. and know what ur going thew..we just bought our house in oct it was bulit in 2004 but the owner killed himself and his wife died of cancer its all really sad. anyways my 5 yr old wouldnt sleep in his room never said why just we would wake up to him on our bd room floor. so what i did is me and 5 yr old went into his room and i let him choose how he wanted it his bed was moved his toys everything and he has slept in his room since..phew.. also i asked the original couple ( we know there names ) to please no scare the kids or frighten them in anyway and also asked them to stop moving my stuff. so ill add i know someone is here i have heard him talken like he is still in a time when he was building this house..xamp...(the furnce will go over here, and im putting that here. ) ohhh and for my son i bought him a small tube of glitter ( risky i know) and told him it was happy dust he sleeps with it .
    tabbys4

Answer by tabbys4 at 11:48 AM on Dec. 30, 2010

• Well,before your house was there,SOMETHING else was.
    In your case it could be spirits,or poltergeist activity due to your daughter's upcoming puberty. Her extra energy can cause the goings on. Research poltergeists,you'll see to what I'm referring.

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 11:31 AM on Dec. 30, 2010

• several things. either the land is haunted not the house. or the spirit is attached to somone...
    ask it to go away tell it its scaring the kids and visitors and you dont apreciate it..
    i know my house is haunted and when im trying to do my thing i just tell it to go play nor go away...its a child so i talk nicly...
    talk calmly and try to do some reasearch on your land..
    sandraberke

Answer by sandraberke at 11:33 AM on Dec. 30, 2010

• Entities can follow a person, or haunt a person, so it's very possible. I do believe in these things due to personal experiences I can't deny. If you ever need to talk let me know. Good luck.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 11:34 AM on Dec. 30, 2010

• was the house build over an old one? has anyone recently passed away in your family? It can be hard to face it, but tell your dd to tell it "go away, go to the light". buy some sage sticks, buy some lavendar candles (sage and lavendar are cleansing and rid of bad energy) and cleanse the entire house. If you feel up to it, chant someting that makes you feel safer wethert it be a prayer or something like "we are here now, this is our home, please go to the light"
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 11:37 AM on Dec. 30, 2010

• u have to let who ever know this is your place now and your thankful for it and will take care of it but they need to move on and be happy. also agree with the sage and lavender..i havent done that yet only cause after i had my talk w/ them its been quiet..lil things here and there but its nothing. and seeing the husband comited suiside i will not let anyone say a bad thing reg it. my dh is not for suicided and has feelings about it so i make him keep it to himself dont want to anger anyone. good luck mama.
    tabbys4

Answer by tabbys4 at 11:54 AM on Dec. 30, 2010

• It could be and your land could be so you need to have gosth hunter that in your area come and check it out.
    tinamarie1972

Answer by tinamarie1972 at 1:23 PM on Dec. 30, 2010

• I agree with all of the above!!
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 2:32 PM on Dec. 30, 2010