How do I keep from biting my nails?

I have been biting my nails for as long as I can remember. I think it's high time I stopped! So.....How do I break the habit?

matthew9_22

Asked by matthew9_22 at 11:30 AM on Dec. 30, 2010 in Health

• Paint your nails
    mamaada

Answer by mamaada at 11:31 AM on Dec. 30, 2010

• Go to Sally's or another beauty supply store and buy some NO BITE clear polish. It tastes like crap so you won't bite! It's worked for a lot of people .
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 11:32 AM on Dec. 30, 2010

• Adversion therapy. Put a tight rubberband on your wrist and snap it hard any time you feel the need to bite.

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 11:32 AM on Dec. 30, 2010

• what i did way back when i did not bite them and it really worked. i painted my nails like very week. this was before i got manicures. ofcourse i stop doing it awhile ago but it really helped me with not biting because i loved buying new colors and just really putting in the effort and this way if i put in the effort why would i bite them. that is what worked for me. getting a mani and pedi every two weeks worked for awhile too. but if dont have the money to do that every two weeks which i did not and that is why i stopped but buying nail polish was fun.
    lambdarose

Answer by lambdarose at 11:33 AM on Dec. 30, 2010

• I used to bite my nails. I decided it had to stop because I looked nice from head to toe except the awful nails. I identified the times when I was most likely to bite them...watching tv at night..and started wearing plain white gloves during those times. I also started getting a weekly manicure. After spending the money I was more inclined to keep them looking nice. It took a while to kick the habit and you have to make a conscious effort. Good luck!
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 11:35 AM on Dec. 30, 2010

• My mom used some crazy-gross clear polish from Avon. It was terrible! If my hand got anywhere near my face, I could taste it. She also used it to break my brother's thumb sucking habit.
    FlamingIguana

Answer by FlamingIguana at 11:36 AM on Dec. 30, 2010

• Thanks! I will try painting my nails and I will def look into the No Bite polish. :)
    matthew9_22

Comment by matthew9_22 (original poster) at 11:45 AM on Dec. 30, 2010

• yes paint them with a special varnish and good luck!
    san78

Answer by san78 at 1:52 PM on Dec. 30, 2010

• I do this all the time myself
    tinamarie1972

Answer by tinamarie1972 at 5:44 AM on Dec. 31, 2010