If you could save just one thing from the life of Christ Jesus, what would it be?

Since there isnt anything left of his physical life (historical artifacts)... If you lived in the time of Jesus and was close to the Christ, what things do you think you would have held on to for todays Christians to see?

And for all those who want to be technical - this is a HYPITHETICAL QUESTION, use your imagination, and if that's too hard, skip the question!

If I were around I would have grabbed some of the dirt inside his tomb, or maybe even something he made of wood.

sugahmamma

Asked by sugahmamma at 11:32 AM on Dec. 30, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• I would like to see somthing from his childhood. We know so little about it.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 11:56 AM on Dec. 30, 2010

• It would have to be something truly miraculous. If anything physical was saved, how could you prove it belonged to Christ?

The Shroud of Turin has been identified as a fake by science, although a lot of believers still have faith it is real. So whatever the item is, it would have to stand up against skeptics.
    anng.atlanta

Answer by anng.atlanta at 11:58 AM on Dec. 30, 2010

• the nails from his hands and a lock of hair haha. cause then we could at least use DNA to prove he was real and at least crucified. then again id have no way to prove it was Jesus and not some other person who was crucified.

id also like to see something he made to see if he was any good as a carpenter.
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 12:07 PM on Dec. 30, 2010

• I agree with okmanders, those would be the ultimate artifacts, although the lock of hair wouldn't prove anything unless we were sure we had DNA of his other relatives--either from evidence through archaeology or from people who are proven living descendents of him or members of his family for comparison.

Having a piece of carpentry that he had made would be cool. I don't know if they usually marked their work or not though, so I guess we might never really know if it was his or not, even if it was signed since Jesus was a fairly common name.
    pam19

Answer by pam19 at 1:18 PM on Dec. 30, 2010

• His bronzed baby shoes duh! JK I would press a palm that he touched into a book. Maybe a rock that lay by his tomb. Love the dirt idea and I would totally do that. I read somewhere that Jesus may not have been a carpenter but maybe he was more of an artisan?
    2tinyhineys

Answer by 2tinyhineys at 1:48 PM on Dec. 30, 2010

• His kindness...
    KARRIEMARIE

Answer by KARRIEMARIE at 2:03 PM on Dec. 30, 2010

• his ability to make food stretch
    san78

Answer by san78 at 2:04 PM on Dec. 30, 2010

• His Love , Mercy , grace and compassion! He gave us those to have forever. I do not need a piece of dirt or wood or rock... I have Him in my heart forever.
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 4:42 PM on Dec. 30, 2010

• Proof. Why wasn't there anyone recording what he did and said? Someone should have been doing than while he was alive not 200-300 years later.
    isabellalecour

Answer by isabellalecour at 10:37 AM on Dec. 31, 2010

• I was at a shrine in Prague, OK, and there was a first class relic of what is believed to be the manger....
    Anna92464

Answer by Anna92464 at 10:15 PM on Dec. 31, 2010