So how would you feel if you could only pay your taxes in gold and silver?

Good idea, bad idea?

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/12/30/georgia-bill-gold-and-silver_n_802618.html

lovinangels

Asked by lovinangels at 11:35 AM on Dec. 30, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• They use to do it before and we are going to it again.

Thanks to our Government our money will be worthless soon.
    gammie

Answer by gammie at 11:42 AM on Dec. 30, 2010

• LOL! Is this guy trying to crash the state's economy or is he just an idiot? Where on earth are people supposed to get gold and silver coins these days? If the "dollar" is good enough for the peasants it should be good enough for the kings.

yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 11:42 AM on Dec. 30, 2010

• I don't have much of either, so if they don't want the paper money they keep printing I guess they will have to live without my taxes. Won't hurt my feelings in the least.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 12:27 PM on Dec. 30, 2010

• I would take hard currency over fiat currency ANY DAY.

-Eilish-

Answer by -Eilish- at 12:30 PM on Dec. 30, 2010

• Well, the huffington post should know. I wonder how much of the story was left out. He is obviously trying to make a point about something. I'll have to do some research to find out what.
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 12:40 PM on Dec. 30, 2010

• Ok, so I googled "constitutional tender act". It is part of a larger movement to sure up GA's economy in the future fear of the US dollar being so devalued that it is worthless. It is a subsection of a banking and financial surety act. This state legislature has introduced this bill a couple of times. There is a concern that taxes paid in paper money will leave the state broke in the near future; however, if the citizens pay in gold and silver, GA will be ahead of the game when the dollar is nothing but a fire starter.

jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 12:48 PM on Dec. 30, 2010

• lol- I read EVERYTHING and count it ALL as opinion.
    lovinangels

Comment by lovinangels (original poster) at 12:50 PM on Dec. 30, 2010

• You are right. It is an opinion that the economy can't sustain the printing of money at the rate it is being done. It is an opinion that GA will be ahead of the game 'when the economy fails'. But, isn't that what being proactive is. You are working on the premise (opinion) that something will happen which you have prepared for? I don't know if this is the correct way, but he is trying to be proactive - I guess.
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 1:09 PM on Dec. 30, 2010

• Interesting~~~ I wonder how many people have silver and gold?
    agentwanda

Answer by agentwanda at 1:31 PM on Dec. 30, 2010

• Well my mortgage company pays my taxes each year, so I guess they'd have to make sure they had gold and silver readily available?

Anonymous