Would you answer the message?

I have a "friend" who for thanksgiving and Christmas invited herself and her kids to our home for dinner then for thanksgiving did not show and sent a text 3 hours after dinner to say her child was being difficult so they did not come, on Christmas my dd called about an hour before time to see if they were coming and we were told no, again a couple hours later another text blaming the child. Well, I got a MSG last night from this "friend" asking if her daughter can come spend the night tonight because of her work schedule. I have not responded, I told dh I want to say yes and then not be here when she comes to drop her dd off.

I want to just say no but then I know her child would be left home alone!

Noosa

Asked by Noosa at 11:36 AM on Dec. 30, 2010 in Relationships

• No more inviting herself over. YOU issue the invitations. And YOU go get the kiddo.

Answer by gdiamante at 11:45 AM on Dec. 30, 2010

• I would say yes so they child isn't home alone. It's not the child's fault her/his mom is they way she is
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 11:38 AM on Dec. 30, 2010

• Not your job, or your business. If she does that just report her, unless the child is old enough to stay home that is.. Just ignore the message and do what you were planning to do today.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 11:39 AM on Dec. 30, 2010

• I would say yes because its not the child's fault but you definitely need to talk to your friend about it when she drops her kid off or picks her up.
    aheuszel

Answer by aheuszel at 11:39 AM on Dec. 30, 2010

• Don't be petty like her. You don't have to be there for her, but be there for the child. Make this known as well, that you're doing this so the child isn't left home alone.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 11:58 AM on Dec. 30, 2010

• she could have just not wanted to come and used the child as an excuse. but still i know what you mean/feel
    sunflower1986

Answer by sunflower1986 at 11:41 AM on Dec. 30, 2010

• Don't be petty like her.
    if you want the child to stay the night,YOU go get her

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 11:42 AM on Dec. 30, 2010

• Aside from thanksgiving n Xmas, has she flaked before? Say yes, but to please tell u far in advance next time. I'm assuming u want to say yes.
    If she has a habit of flaking then tell her ur not inviting her to an event because u want to respect her lifestyle. It's true, right?
    Vero0724

Answer by Vero0724 at 11:44 AM on Dec. 30, 2010

• If the child will be left alone, then I would definitely send a message saying yes, it would be fine; however, that night when "friend" gets there I would sit down with "friend" (when she comes to pick the child up) and have a discussion with her about this. There's no need to not send a message prior to not showing for events. Friend knows at the time due somewhere that the child is being difficult.
    RavishingRen

Answer by RavishingRen at 11:50 AM on Dec. 30, 2010

• I know what u mean i have family like that who do the same thing with their kids but they dnt leave them at home alone or nothing like that but just like with my cousin she wants me to keep her daughter whenever she wants to go out but never bring her kid to my kid party whenever i had one but i still kept her cause i knew i can get something out of the deal. But do what you feel is right for you.
    noka22

Answer by noka22 at 12:31 PM on Dec. 30, 2010