family problems

Well okay this in long and straining. My brother is dating this stupid girl, well i think she's stupid. She's keeping him away from his daughters and he don't relize it. He only spends a few days out of the week with them and he wasn't with them for christmas he was with her getting drunk. We try to tell him and let him know but he won't listen. He's treatening our parents that they won't ever see their granddaughters again if they don't leave them alone. And his girlfriend his down talking my mom like everything his her fault. like his ex-wife having an affair with out other brother and stuff like that. We just don't know what to do with him anymore. Our mom is giving up on him and isn't talking to him anymore.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:42 AM on Dec. 30, 2010 in Relationships

• Your mom has chosen the correct path. Only he can save himself from stupidity.

Answer by gdiamante at 11:44 AM on Dec. 30, 2010

• badhis girl friend is not keeping him from seeing his daughters, he DOES NOT want to see his daughters and they are not his priority. he is a grown man and he can make his own decisions. any good father would not allow some chick to "prevent " him from seeing his kids. i personally would have nothing much to do with any man who does not take care of their kids brother or not.

maya123

Answer by maya123 at 6:13 PM on Dec. 30, 2010

• You can't make anyone change, they have to make the decision and want to change. If they don't see it, no one can make them.

bjojola

Answer by bjojola at 11:44 AM on Dec. 30, 2010

• yeah i know what you mean my man and are are going the same thing almost you see he is in az and they are trying to keep him from us they talk stuff about me all the time the best thing you can do is give it some time and don't get it in the way so you don't lose and not to get the chance to see the girl cus it's hard my kids havent seen there dad in 3months cus of his mom and family there. it would come down to the point that he would find out she is keeping from his girl i don't know if this helps but i gave it a try and dont know if it helps u
    glowbug2007

Answer by glowbug2007 at 11:52 AM on Dec. 30, 2010

• i would say hope for the best and pray because talkin to a person can only go so far and i know that from a previous situatiuon ive been in before. But if he doesnt want to do whats right its gonna be on him and its gonna hurt him and the kids in the long run when he actually think about it as he get older and his kids grow up and be well enough to understand. And he is goin to be with whoever he wants reguardless just like with my kid father he see his daughter more than he use to tho cause i let him be there. I know he is with his other kids mom who i dnt like but im over it and had to accept the fact that he is the way he is and cant nobody change a person. And i rather have my daughter in her father's life than have her growin up without a father plus she knows who take care of her and im not about to go to court for a higher authority to tell me i cant keep her from him when i can go ahead and let him see her. just hope.
    noka22

Answer by noka22 at 12:20 PM on Dec. 30, 2010

• I'd stay out of it.

Answer by admckenzie at 3:28 PM on Dec. 30, 2010

• You cannot force your brother to see his children. If he's out drinking with his new girlfriend, why in the world would you want him around his children? Obviously other things are preventing him from being a responsible parent or person but you nor your mother CAN MAKE HIM BE RESPONSIBLE....I would stay out of it as far as pressuring him to see his children and concentrate on the real issues, "drinking"
    mom2mybabes

Answer by mom2mybabes at 3:41 PM on Dec. 30, 2010

• leave him on this note his kids will remember what he did and didn't do in their lives!
    mom2eas

Answer by mom2eas at 7:05 PM on Dec. 30, 2010