Postpartum depression, trying for another baby, advice needed.

I have an almost 1 yr old and I had postpartum depression, I am on medication (Prozac and anti-anxiety med.) I also have been seeing a councilor weekly for about 3 months.

My husband and I want to start trying for a baby soon. Can anyone who has had postpartum depression and then had more children please tell me....
did you stay on meds while you were prego?
did your depression get worst while prego and/or after pregnancy?
other than meds and counseling what else can did you try?

*****if you don't want to answer here I understand PLEASE message me or answer anonymously.

lmt_mom2010

Asked by lmt_mom2010 at 12:00 PM on Dec. 30, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• What does your counselor think about you trying for another baby right now? I'm ont being a smart ass or anything I just wondered. If you are seeing a counselor for PPD do they feel you are ready to handle another baby. Going fomr one to two is HARD even for some who isn't PPD.
    Anonymous

• What are your reasons for having another baby at this time? I would speak to your counselor about this. That seems like a lot of treatment you have going on right now, and pregnancy could complicate or interfere with recovery at this time. Why not just wait until the issue is resolved, then talk about it again? You will be a better mom, a whole mom.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 12:25 PM on Dec. 30, 2010

• My councilor and my husband brought the idea up to me. They both know how much I love children and want to have as many as I can handle. My husband spoke to my councilor before talk to me because he is ready and didn't want to get me to excited without knowing if that was really a good idea right now.

My councilor also said to try to find a support group online for women with postpartum so I can ask these questions.
    lmt_mom2010

Comment by lmt_mom2010 (original poster) at 12:31 PM on Dec. 30, 2010

• i didn't have postparum but i am bipolar and also needed to be on meds but then i am always on meds.. but to that you will still need to take meds while prego and that is fine it wont harm the baby in any way but will help you in so many ways.
    Lynnsae

Answer by Lynnsae at 12:40 AM on Dec. 31, 2010