non-drinkers

Are you considered freaks among your friends and family?
We are. When we say we don't drink at all,people look at us like we said we don't breathe or something!
We stand out here in Wisconsin. Just about everyone drinks on a regular basis.

Asked by butterflyblue19 at 12:16 PM on Dec. 30, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I always let them know that it's not that I am against drinking, but I come from a long line of alcoholics and do not want to be in that line with them. I think a lot of times, people think that if you don't drink, you are against drinking and that you will ruin things for them.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 12:18 PM on Dec. 30, 2010

• No. It's not an issue.
    Snewo

Answer by Snewo at 12:18 PM on Dec. 30, 2010

• Nah.. I don't really go out with friends... family members don't really drink.. It's just something we don't really do.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 12:20 PM on Dec. 30, 2010

• Our family/friends always have something negative to say about it. WE could careless what anyone says about it. My husbands trying to further his career with the Navy and I've never been a drinker so we feel no need to give into peer pressure :)!
    jdbrown21

Answer by jdbrown21 at 12:21 PM on Dec. 30, 2010

• Yes!
    tiddliwinks

Answer by tiddliwinks at 12:17 PM on Dec. 30, 2010

• I just wanted to add that we used to drink before we had kids. We just have not really drank since having kids. It just kind of happened that we no longer drink. Once in a blue moon we drink when we have a cook out. People give us a hard time for not drinking now. It is weird.
    tiddliwinks

Answer by tiddliwinks at 12:21 PM on Dec. 30, 2010

• no most of the time its a non issue for me.....or people try to make sure this is something for me too drink (no bozz)
    cara124

Answer by cara124 at 12:22 PM on Dec. 30, 2010

• Yes, I'm the only one out my immediate family that doesn't drink. Same with my husband side, I'm an outcast to them. They are always trying to get me to drink but I refuses. I grew up with an alcoholic mother so now it turns me off.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 12:23 PM on Dec. 30, 2010

• yes
    meandmyboys2000

Answer by meandmyboys2000 at 12:25 PM on Dec. 30, 2010

• In our family I am not a freak, nobody really drinks.
    I am a freak when it comes to my husband's company functions. It's a large company, video game development actually, and it's 99% male and they all drink. A lot. Whenever we attend, and I don't drink, they all try to get me to drink. This past Xmas party my husband didn't drink either and all his buddies were trying to make him drink.
    Orionsgirl

Answer by Orionsgirl at 12:31 PM on Dec. 30, 2010