I'm about to boycott Walmart

A couple months ago I bought my son a pair of boots from there. Well a few days ago when I went there my son had his boots when he went in and didn't have them when we came out. I called right away and asked they said they didn't have them. I called the next day and the day after same "they never found them." Well one person told me more then likely it was just placed back on he shelf and I will have to go buy them again. I went to the walmart where he lost them and sure enough there they were on the shelf (he had his name on the inside of them) He name was on them because they drop off daycare he goes to wrote it on there since a couple other kids had the same boots.
I asked for a manager and the manger freaked at me saying I just did that and I said to look at the cameras and he told me he didnt have time and ask me to leave the store. Well unfortunately I had to go back because I ordered a kids table a few days before that and it came in. Well the item is defected. One of the folding chairs wont fold back up because the metal bracket is missing. I went back and they refuse to take it back becuase it wont go inside the box even though its impossible since it wont fold. Now they refuse to take it back and give me my money and we have a broken chair that wont fold. I knew there was a reason why I shopped at Target all the time but I figured the walmarts in Utah would be different. Of coasre they arent. All Walmarts are the same. SHITTY

mommy_of_two388

Asked by mommy_of_two388 at 12:30 PM on Dec. 30, 2010 in Shopping

• You talked to a customer service manager? If so go over their head. Where the returns are there should be a board with the store manager and District managers numbers. Call them. Keep calling until the issue is resolved...still no luck? Go to walmart.com and call their customer service #. Be sure to have the name of the person(people) you talked to at your walmart. Have the dates, if you remember, that all this occurred.

Don't suffer in silence mama.
    4xsthetrouble

Answer by 4xsthetrouble at 12:36 PM on Dec. 30, 2010

• Try contacting the district manager. Get statements from the daycare workers, the one that wrote your kids name in the ones that have seen him wear them. File complaints about your treatment about the boots and the chair. Be nice, and sweet. Don't make any remarks about not shopping there anymore, or anything like that. In fact, say that you had gotten good customer service up until that point, and you are very shocked and disappointed. Even if it's not true, that you have actually gotten bad service. The whole you get more with honey then vinegar thing. That may work.
    I know when I took my boys to the circus years ago, the stupid clowns came in the stands. I tried to get them to say hi to my boys, like they did to other kids. The clown was really rude to me. So I wrote to the management. Next thing, I get this big envelope with pictures and posters that were signed. Stickers and stuff. And an apology letter.
    Give it a shot.
    Raine2001

Answer by Raine2001 at 12:41 PM on Dec. 30, 2010

• I agree with MusicMom, try another walmart. Although they all have the same basic policy, not all stick to them.
    4xsthetrouble

Answer by 4xsthetrouble at 12:41 PM on Dec. 30, 2010

• I don't like shopping at WalMart, unfortunately, they're much more affordable than other stores. The customer service is seriously lacking though. I was in the checkout line a few months ago, my groceries had all been bagged and I had put some of them in the cart but my 20 month old son was trying to jump out of the cart so I was busy trying to keep him in it. While I was doing this, I had already paid, and the cashier was just sitting there staring at me, waiting for me to put the rest of the groceries in the cart. I asked her, "Is it not in your job description anymore to put the bags in the cart?". She looked so shocked, but she put the rest of my bags in the cart.
    MomMom23

Answer by MomMom23 at 12:44 PM on Dec. 30, 2010

• yeah the staff is miserable at walmart. they do not treat their employees well and well the costumers are just funny to watch. i love walmart but i understand where you are coming from. i think sometimes buying less expensive is not worth it if it gives us more headache. i love target. i don't blame you but you should really try to get the issue fixed because you are not the only one that this happens to. don't just brush it under the carpet.
    lambdarose

Answer by lambdarose at 12:55 PM on Dec. 30, 2010

• Sorry I never shop at Walmart these days I've always had issues!
    jdbrown21

Answer by jdbrown21 at 12:34 PM on Dec. 30, 2010

• Ours have been very good at taking things back and refunding.
    Although, I always feel like I can't walk in the store with their merchandise on me or my kids just for the reason you stated above.
    Anonymous

• Call Wal-Mart customer service and tell them everything you wrote here. 1-800-966-6546. Let them know what you want done about it and if the customer service rep refuses to help, ask for his/her manager. Once in a while, you need to step above the local manager to get things done. Good luck!
    neebug3766

Answer by neebug3766 at 12:36 PM on Dec. 30, 2010

• Okay, I can only imagine how many people would write their child's name on the shoes and try to claim them. I have seen people take off their old shoes, put on new shoes and leave the old ones on the shelf in the box and leave. Also, how in the world did you not notice you kid was not wearing his shoes when you left the store? If you did notice, why not go back in and look for them then? As for the table, if it wouldn't fold up, how did you get it out of the box? Was it something you had to assemble? If so, disassemble it and put in the box that way. I have never had any problem with Walmart taking anything back for me, and it's the only store we have in town other than a grocery store. If you are really that dissatisfied, contact the store and ask for their district manager.

scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 12:37 PM on Dec. 30, 2010

• Try a different Walmart. I avoid certain ones because the staff were terrible. I have returned things fully assembled no questions asked. Also, they should have taken your number and checked when they had time. I would have asked him for his bosses name and a way to contact him. Sounds like it may be the store, not all the stores.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 12:38 PM on Dec. 30, 2010