Have you ever looked at other people's kids and thought...

wow,my kid(s) are so much more well behaved!?
We had a playdate,of sorts,yesterday at the library with one of my son's classmates and his classmate's 2 brothers. all 3 of the kids ran all over the library,and tried to get my son to do the same,but he has been taught better. he looked at them like WTH are you guys doing?!

Asked by butterflyblue19 at 12:33 PM on Dec. 30, 2010 in General Parenting

• Oh yeah. My kids are little hellions, but when we have a get-together for my neice's birthday or something her nephews make my kids look like angels, and when we have family gatherings where DH's nephews are my kids look like angels.
    Anonymous

• Not really. I try not to wear mommy blinders. No matter how well behaved my dd is, I KNOW my kid is just as big a shit as the rest of them. But she is definitely cuter than most. :)
    tommy_mommy

Answer by tommy_mommy at 12:48 PM on Dec. 30, 2010

• Yes ALL the time! Lately its been more of my dd being the bad one out of the crowd! :(
    jdbrown21

Answer by jdbrown21 at 12:34 PM on Dec. 30, 2010

• i have that reaction everytime i pick dd 15 up from high school and its about the parents in the parking lot..lolol
    cara124

Answer by cara124 at 12:36 PM on Dec. 30, 2010

• Yes, it amazes me how some kids behave in public. My kids are not perfect, but they know how to act.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 12:41 PM on Dec. 30, 2010

• no because she is a toddler and there is nothing i can't handle. the parents can handle it but sometimes they don't want to handle it. she did not want to leave library the other day and had a tantrum but i just stayed calm and used another tactic. it worked. the librian was so nice about it saying oh i have a grandson blah blah blah. most people have been there. just have to learn to say no. she hates that but i doesn;t bother me when she wants something i can always distract her and move on. i think the most important thing is keeping calm and being consistent.
    lambdarose

Answer by lambdarose at 12:50 PM on Dec. 30, 2010

• Regularly. We have to walk just about everywhere we go so, have been taught to do what they are told when they are told. Sometimes they don't listen but, it is rare. Everywhere we go there is some child screaming or acting like a fool and their parent(s) is all upset because the child will not behave. My nephew behaves very well for me but, he is a terror for his mother.
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 12:37 PM on Dec. 30, 2010

• Yes. All the time.
    Mme.Langley

Answer by Mme.Langley at 12:38 PM on Dec. 30, 2010

• I have high school kids and when I pick them up Im so grateful that Im not the parent trying to get the attention of the kid who is locked face with her bf...thank you Lord!
    beyondhopes

Answer by beyondhopes at 12:42 PM on Dec. 30, 2010

• no cause i find the moment you judge is when you get slaped in the face... just don't let your kid hang out with them if you feel that way though.
    Lynnsae

Answer by Lynnsae at 12:45 PM on Dec. 30, 2010