People have told me that key words in a resume may give you a better chance of getting a call back to come in for an interview. Is anyone aware of some of those key words???

survivormama10

Asked by survivormama10 at 12:38 PM on Dec. 30, 2010 in Money & Work

• There are many... mostly, you will want to use action words to describe past employment, i.e. created and implemented new filing system. Many companies now use a scanning system that looks for certain types of words and ranks candidates for employment consideration. Read over their advertisement if there is one... take note of the wording they used and look at similar ads to find key words. Go to the company's website and try to determine some of their key values (check their mission statement) and use words you see frequently.

Good luck in your job search!
    neebug3766

Answer by neebug3766 at 12:45 PM on Dec. 30, 2010

• Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 12:47 PM on Dec. 30, 2010

• I used exemplary, ability to work independently and collectively, strong organizational, leadership, loyal,

Infact I just had my second interview with the company I hoped to get a job with, and I was offered a postion making $12.50 and hour, and the shift I wanted....

Good luck with your resume' and the job hunting, I know it is tough out there.
    witchymomslove

Answer by witchymomslove at 12:52 PM on Dec. 30, 2010

• I had a second interview with quiken Loans...didnt get it :(
    Jazmineamomma

Answer by Jazmineamomma at 6:18 PM on Dec. 30, 2010

• Look at the companies website and see what words they use to describe themselves, and then try to integrate some of those into your resume.
    Erica_Smerica

Answer by Erica_Smerica at 8:07 PM on Dec. 30, 2010