Is this a hint or I'm I looking to much into it?

My Christmas my MIL gave me workout equipment as well as $100 gift card to this clothing store that is meant for skinny skinny girls. I'm about average now. I was one of those skinny girls when I was 18 and didnt have 2 kids. I went tot this place and they have only small Xsmall. XXsmall. When I first met my MIL I weighed 115 and was a size 3 now I am size 7 and 130. I'm in pretty good shape. So i dont understand why she would give me stuff to lose weight and also a gift card for a store meant for skinny girls. Now I really do feel fat. I'm I looking to much into it or do you think she did it to be rude? She's extremely over weight and hates me.

mommy_of_two388

Asked by mommy_of_two388 at 12:52 PM on Dec. 30, 2010 in Relationships

• It does seem as though she was tossing a jab at you. Perhaps she is a bit jealous of your figure? Take the gift card to the store and ask them to give you cash in return, explaining that you cannot wear anything they have. Spend the money on something that would make you feel better about yourself - even if it is chocolate! Better yet, work out a bit and give her your old "fat clothes". lol
    neebug3766

Answer by neebug3766 at 12:58 PM on Dec. 30, 2010

• Maybe she gave you the gift card because she thinks you're really skinny? And maybe she gave you the workout equipment because she figures to be so thin, you must work out a lot? Just playing devils advocate here.
    I guess how I took it would depend on the MIL, what I knew of her personality and what her usual intentions would be.
    vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 12:57 PM on Dec. 30, 2010

• Maybe she still sees you as you were? I definitely would not worry about how you look I can only wish to be like you!
    Noosa

Answer by Noosa at 12:56 PM on Dec. 30, 2010

• Size 7 is skinny! silly girl. I dont think she was trying to be rude. I dont know anyone who returned to a size 3 after having 2 kids.
    beyondhopes

Answer by beyondhopes at 12:58 PM on Dec. 30, 2010

• Trade in what you can. Get what you want. Re-gift the gift card. Next year, give her an outfit that is too big for her.
    I'm in a mood, I'm telling ya.
    If she hates you, you may not be reading anything into it. She's probably just the type of mom that won't like ANY woman her son marries. And since he married a skinny one, and you are still in good shape AFTER kids, she's even more ticked off. Try to laugh it off. If you can. She's just bitter, that's all ;)
    Raine2001

Answer by Raine2001 at 12:59 PM on Dec. 30, 2010

• If the store won't except the gift card try and sell it to someone else so you can still get the money from it, I did this with Walmart cards bc I wanted some boots.
    I have a similar issue, I NEVER wear make up and for years MIL has been telling me I need to and guess what I got for Christmas!! That and some clothes that are WAY too big and she called me 3 weeks ago to ask my size... I too was a 3 and am now a 7, I feel fat so I would gladly accept the equipment, but that's just me, I say use it and show her you aren't going to end up like her one day!
    coreym

Answer by coreym at 1:15 PM on Dec. 30, 2010

• i wish i was a size 7 or atleast a 9 but i wouldnt think nothing of it
    Ricanmami1

Answer by Ricanmami1 at 1:28 PM on Dec. 30, 2010

• ,.-~*'¨¯¨'*•~-i wouldn't think too much of it i think she just See's you as really skinny still...which a size 7 is skinny so im sure your fine..just try to sell the card

gracelessstar21

Answer by gracelessstar21 at 2:02 PM on Dec. 30, 2010

• She's a strange one first after I had my kids she bought me X large clothes. they were way to huge on me and now she gives me something for stuff I will never probably fit in again. I tried a few things on and could barley get it up my legs or around my upper half

mommy_of_two388

Comment by mommy_of_two388 (original poster) at 12:59 PM on Dec. 30, 2010