Should I go back to the ER or is it a waste??

I have PCOS. I was in the ER 5 days ago for severe pelvic pain and a fever. They tested me for everything under the sun, no infections of any kind whatsoever. They did a cat scan of my lower region to rule out kidney stones and gall stones. They figured it was a ruptured ovarian cyst due to the blood in my urine. Anyway they sent me home with percoset. It's not really working anymore, and I feel sick from the meds, and the pain is still there and getting worse. I have no insurance so it would be back to the ER. Would it even do any good?

Musicmom80

Asked by Musicmom80 at 12:57 PM on Dec. 30, 2010 in Health

• if it gets to the point that you cannot take it anymore, you can go back. But I'm not sure if they would give you anymore pain meds to take home(they worry about drug seekers/ not you).

I had an ovarian cyst burst and I feel for you. My lastest pain like that seems to be caused by a trapped nerve from my c-section, so says the pain clinic.

good luck, feel better.
    tntmom1027

Answer by tntmom1027 at 1:00 PM on Dec. 30, 2010

• If can not handle it I would go back and try to find what is wrong. Doctors make mistakes and sometimes it does take awhile to find the real problem. I have been there before and not fun. do not give up cause no one knows your body better than you.
    momindiana

Answer by momindiana at 1:03 PM on Dec. 30, 2010

• Well if the meds are making you sick and not working, the pain is still there maybe it would be a good idea. You will get a different Doctor and he might see something that the other didn't, or at least he can give you something different than the pain meds your are taking now.

Also without medical insurance the county health depertment might be able to help also.

Good luck
    witchymomslove

Answer by witchymomslove at 1:05 PM on Dec. 30, 2010

• I don't WANT painmeds. I want to find out what's really wrong. I'm going in right now. I can't do this anymore. Thanks ladies!
    Musicmom80

Comment by Musicmom80 (original poster) at 1:23 PM on Dec. 30, 2010

• If you have a fever, I find it odd they say there is no infection whatsoever. I think it would not hurt to go back and get a second opinion. I might would call and make sure it is a different doc there. I doubt the origional diagnosis. Can you go to a different ER?
    Anonymous

• I'd go back to the ER or an Urgent Care
    sstepph

Answer by sstepph at 3:30 PM on Dec. 30, 2010

• I would do whatever you have to do to get answers and relief.
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 1:05 AM on Dec. 31, 2010