Moral dilemma question from the episode of Judge Pirro I saw this morning.

There was one case, a young couple was suing a lady, because the man had bought some money orders to pay their rent, and had accidentally dropped them. The lady they were suing picked them up, and since they were blank, she filled them out,and cashed them. She told the judge "I'm a single mom with 4 kids, and I live by the motto finders keepers, losers weepers." She never once apologized, even in court for what she had done, and felt that she was right. It just stuns me the moral compass of some people. I'm no saint by any means, but I would have not even given it second thought, I would have immediately turned them in, because that is what I hope someone would do if I lost something like that. I live by the motto "do unto others as you would have them do unto you." What would you do in a situation like that?

cbk_mom3

Asked by cbk_mom3 at 1:02 PM on Dec. 30, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• I would turn them in. What she did was wrong, but it doesn't surprise me at all. I think there's a lot of people who would do the same thing she did unfortunately.
    I won't pretend to know whether what she did was legally wrong...how did the judge rule?
    vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 1:05 PM on Dec. 30, 2010

• Turned them in no doubt. I just imagine how I would feel if I had lost them. But I'm also the person who turned in 50 cents I found on the playground in elementary school lol
    tntmom1027

Answer by tntmom1027 at 1:05 PM on Dec. 30, 2010

• She was legally wrong, and she was arrested for the incident.
    tntmom1027

Answer by tntmom1027 at 1:06 PM on Dec. 30, 2010

• She knew they weren't hers. She was wrong to steal money from another family. Now, they still owe their rent which they had already 'paid'. The actual 'moral' thing would have been for the woman to turn the money orders in. That is the 'moral' thing. I have noticed that when people do what is right even when they need the thing, they get that and much more. Stealing is never moral.
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 1:06 PM on Dec. 30, 2010

• vicesix, the judge removed her from the courtroom cause she was talking back to the judge, and then the judge ruled in favor of the couple who filed the suit. She was totally disgusted with that woman, and you could just see it on her face.
    cbk_mom3

Comment by cbk_mom3 (original poster) at 1:06 PM on Dec. 30, 2010

• I would have turned them in....I strongly believe in Karma!! :o)
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 1:07 PM on Dec. 30, 2010

• Good, OP! I don't know if it will cause her to rethink her personal moral code, but we can keep our fingers crossed.
    vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 1:08 PM on Dec. 30, 2010

• Hmmm,that's weird. Here they have you sign them before you're given them so that they cannot be used by anyone else BUT you.

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 1:20 PM on Dec. 30, 2010

• People like that make me sick.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 1:20 PM on Dec. 30, 2010

• I would have turned them in. My mind is simply boggled by the way the minds of some people work at this point.

That woman claims to live by the motto 'finders keepers losers weepers' but I'd bet she would be the first one howling of someone claimed something she lost ~ and she is likely teaching her children the same selfish, self-centered way of life she claws her way along with. Sad.
    Farmlady09

Answer by Farmlady09 at 1:47 PM on Dec. 30, 2010