Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moving out of state....need help with check list!!!!!!!!!

hello,well as you can see i'm moving........ from NY 2 FL....and it's short notice, I've got where were going......... how were gettin there.....where were staying, i know 2 get my sons ( 1 yr old) medical records, and important papers, but i'm sure i'm gonna forget stupid things, if you can think of the dumb lil things a person would typically forget, please help me make a check list, thanx ladies

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 6:51 PM on Nov. 10, 2008 in Just for Fun

Answers (1)
  • Ask utility companies for a letter of good standing, so that you can get your new utilities without possibly having to pay a deposit. Call and set a date for all utilities to be turned off and have it billed to your new address.

    If your kids were born there get an extra copy of birth certificates. You can only get them in the state that they were born.

    Post office change address. You can do it online. It cost $1 and you have to use a credit/debit card that is billed to your current address to protect your identity/fraud.
    Request change of address on all credit/debit cards so that you want have a delay in receiving the fowarded mail.


    Answer by bluehope1 at 10:07 PM on Nov. 10, 2008

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.