• In the Spotlight:

Anyone else turn into a raving lunatic on the Pill??

I started the pill in May to 1) regulate my cycle and 2) prevent an unplanned pregnancy (I have four children ages almost 3 to 6). Aside from some other problems I'm having, I have turned into a stark raving mad lunatic! My mood swings are terrible, and I fly off the handle at the littlest thing. Or I cry. I am not sure if it's the Pill that's causing it, but it's not helping that's for sure!

anyone else?

TwinMomma122304

Asked by TwinMomma122304 at 1:24 PM on Dec. 30, 2010 in Health

• I did once and along with being a raving bitch my hair started to fall out.
    sahlady

Answer by sahlady at 1:29 PM on Dec. 30, 2010

• Yes! This happened to me when I had the Nuvaring. I had to take it out because I couldn't handle the mood swings and how depressed I felt! Let your Dr. know... There are other methods some non hormonal that should help!
    TsMommy428

Answer by TsMommy428 at 1:32 PM on Dec. 30, 2010

• After being pregnant and not having those hormones I found out that likely the hormonal birth control of some sort that I had been on for almost 17 years had likely been what caused my PMDD and hypothyroid issues. My midwife recommended I try something non hormonal for a while and see what happened and 2 years after giving birth to my last child I got a Paragard IUD. We used nothing hormonal for 2 years and I was a completely DIFFERENT person and much easier to deal with. No more hypothyroidism and PMDD for me.
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 2:04 PM on Dec. 30, 2010

• Yep! Lol. I was so moody, sick in my stomach, crampy and bled for 3 weeks out of 4. I stopped taking the pill & am MUCH MUCH better!
    sstepph

Answer by sstepph at 3:29 PM on Dec. 30, 2010

• Yes, I would grind my teeth at night - the moment I went off it - the teeth grinding stopped. Really weird.
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 5:06 PM on Dec. 30, 2010

• Not me, but I know people who have had a hard time with it.
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 1:04 AM on Dec. 31, 2010