Do you reuse clean pull ups?

My 2 year old still wears pull ups at bed time, as a precaution. She often wakes up with a dry pull up, and I just put it on her again the next night. My sister (who doesn't have kids, but does have a point) said it is unsanitary...

What are your thoughts?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:26 PM on Dec. 30, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• no,because how do you know that it doesn't have SOME pee in it?

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 1:27 PM on Dec. 30, 2010

• I personally wouldn't put it back on the next night. I know it may seem like a waste, but it doesn't seem sanitary to me.
    TsMommy428

Answer by TsMommy428 at 1:27 PM on Dec. 30, 2010

• Yep. My son re-uses his each night. And butterflyblue, it's pretty obvious if it has some pee in it. At least with my kids it is.
    micheledo

Answer by micheledo at 1:28 PM on Dec. 30, 2010

• I'd just play it safe and toss it. I know they are costly, but no sense taking a chance.
    SpaceToast

Answer by SpaceToast at 1:29 PM on Dec. 30, 2010

• The ones we use haev the little decorations on the front that fad when she wets, so you can tell there is nothing in them.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 1:30 PM on Dec. 30, 2010

• I did. They are expensive! I put a clean one on them every time they were bathed, so usually they got a clean one every other night, so they only wore a single 1 2 nights, 3 max. I saw/see nothing wrong with it as long as the child is clean.
    Anonymous

• I did. If they didn't pee in it they wore it the next night unless it was bath night. After a bath they got a brand new one even if the one from the night before was dry.
    JamieLK

Answer by JamieLK at 1:36 PM on Dec. 30, 2010

• I still wouldn't take a chance. They say dirty underwear is a cause for UTIs in girls and women, and that is the same as wearing dirty underwear, really.
    SpaceToast

Answer by SpaceToast at 1:40 PM on Dec. 30, 2010

• I did this a couple of times with my daughter.. usually because we may have been running a little low on money and trying to conserve them..but after so many instances of not having any accidents we just took the pull ups away completely and dealt with the washing if she did have an accident.
    Ctink8189

Answer by Ctink8189 at 1:45 PM on Dec. 30, 2010

• I did the same thing. It's fine. They are expensive!
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 2:55 PM on Dec. 30, 2010