Help! Weird rash on 4 month lower cheek and chin??

Has anyone exerienced a red rash, somewhat like acne under the chin and on the lower cheeks? It looks like teenage acne! What can I do to help clear it up? Is this normal? Thanks so much!

msparklym13

Asked by msparklym13 at 1:27 PM on Dec. 30, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My son had this too... It was from the drool due to teething! Just keep wiping clean with a clean wash cloth throughout the day! It will go away! :)
    TsMommy428

Answer by TsMommy428 at 1:28 PM on Dec. 30, 2010

• My Son had that at about the same age. It looked like a dry rash. My Dr. said to use hydrocortizone cream. Just a tiny dab on it once a day. Call your pediatrician and see if it is OK for your baby.
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 1:43 PM on Dec. 30, 2010

• Yes its normal, just keep it dry and put ointment on it often. It could also be eczema, my son has had it for awhile, it's under control.
    CadensMama117

Answer by CadensMama117 at 2:29 PM on Dec. 30, 2010

• It's probably from the drooling. All my kids got rashes on their faces when they were teething because they were constantly wet with drool. Once the teeth come in and the drooling mostly stops it will go away.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 4:20 PM on Dec. 30, 2010

• my son has this...doctor said it is eczema. he said to use a little bit of aveeno.
    brikay1

Answer by brikay1 at 6:25 PM on Dec. 30, 2010