Anybody else's husband/SO promised to do it all only to find out its much harder than he expected?

When we found out I was pregnant my husband would tell me that I wouldn't have to worry about anything, that he would get up in the middle of the night and tend to the baby, and change all the diapers and blah blah. And while I wouldn't have made him do all that anyway because I want a part in my child's life too, I did appreciate it but didn't expect things to actually turn out that way. Now its been 4 months and it's a different story! He does still help out and is a great dad but he's not the superdad he promised to be which is fine because like I said, I didn't expect him to be lol. But has anyone else's husband done this?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:55 PM on Nov. 10, 2008 in Relationships

• not yet but i bet my husband will say it when we start having kids.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 7:09 PM on Nov. 10, 2008

• oh yes....my SO said we could alternate who got up with our son and nine times out of ten if i'm not already getting up he shakes me and says punkins up...go get him.....lol
    JuliaDanielle

Answer by JuliaDanielle at 7:58 PM on Nov. 10, 2008

• Oh yeah. Hubby said that if our second kid was a boy that he would give the baths. Well, our son is 3 1/2 now and hubby has given him maybe 2 baths and has no memory of telling me that he would bathe our son. Plus, when our boy was not sleeping through the night, I had to get up even though I had to go to work the next day because hubby needed his energy for taking care of the baby. How fk'd up was that?

Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 8:24 PM on Nov. 10, 2008

• my husband didn't have a clue what to do with jack (3yo) as a baby, not that i did either. however, even though i was the one 'doing' it, he never stayed in bed, or asleep. he stayed up with me, through crying fits,diaper changes,hungry...and when the baby needed something(lol), he helped me,too. of course, i always said 'i have no idea what he wants either!' and wanted to give up, my hub was more lost and says i was/am a supermom. today, w/a 3yo, my hub does tons with our son, and feels totally at ease when i leave the two of them alone. he's not afraid, anymore..and neither is my son! lmao i'm very proud of the daddy he's become.
    thehairnazi

Answer by thehairnazi at 8:26 PM on Nov. 10, 2008