Are there any moms on here that just recently moved away from family with their little ones?

I recently moved to NWI. I don't have any family up here. I don't have any friends in my town. We just moved further away from my hubby's family. I'm just bored out of my mind of being just on the internet talking on facebook or here. Does any share that viewpoint?

mamaziller

Asked by mamaziller at 1:43 PM on Dec. 30, 2010 in Relationships

• I've been there. Maybe try to find a play date or find a group on here with women from your area
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 1:47 PM on Dec. 30, 2010

• I am not new to it but I just did this in August of 09.. my hubby was deployed and we moved to KS before he got back to get settled in before he got home. It was a hard adjustment with 2 young ones and not knowing anyone. The best thing you can do is just involve yourself in as much as possible. If your children are old enough to be involved in any kind of activities then sign them up =) It's a good way for them to make friends and for you to do the same with the other parents. I still get home sick though and I miss my family and friends back home!
    Ctink8189

Answer by Ctink8189 at 1:47 PM on Dec. 30, 2010

• i did that when my DS was 3 months old. BIG MISTAKE! lol. new mom, new baby, new state, new place, omg, i was so overwhelmed, and the ppl i thought were friends, turned out to be the biggest backstabbing POS ive ever met in my life. i got so homesick, i had a panic attack ( my first one ever, had no idea what it was) and it made us move back to jersey. . .. . . ill never leave this shithole i call home hahhahah i hate new jersey, but illl never leave again
    JT32606

Answer by JT32606 at 3:30 PM on Dec. 30, 2010

• Not recently. It was about the time I found out I was pregnant. We moved about 9 hours from my family. He has some family up here but no one he talks to. It was actually a good decision for us and helped our marriage.
    LizzieAnnesMom

Answer by LizzieAnnesMom at 4:06 PM on Dec. 30, 2010

• Look for a group of moms in your area. You can do this on CafeMom and MeetUp.com
    _Tam_

Answer by _Tam_ at 4:33 AM on Dec. 31, 2010