how did your acne go away?

i just don't seem to get rid of my acne ugh ....i am so frustrated!!!! go away.....

deyrita09

Asked by deyrita09 at 1:46 PM on Dec. 30, 2010 in Beauty & Style

• Just washed it day and night
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 1:48 PM on Dec. 30, 2010

• What do you mean 'how did it go away?' I still get acne all the time...

I have found that the milder and gentler the products used, the less any single breakout is likely to turn into a whole face full of angry, red pus-filled grossness...

Use a gentle (like for sensitive or dry skin) cleanser only twice a day, skip toner completely unless it is specifically for dry skin and contains no alcohol at all, and moisturize using something formulated for sensitive or dry skin.

The problem most acne stuff has is that it attempts to burn off the acne, or remove all the oil --it's not the oil that's causing the acne, but its removal sure makes it a whole lot worse. The oil is protective and stops skin from getting infected. The only thing that needs to be 'removed' is makeup, dirt and dead skin cells. Gentle cleansers (no scrubs!) do that best, and moisturizer will calm irritated skin the fastest.

Only use masks made for dry skin.
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 1:52 PM on Dec. 30, 2010

• I'm working on mine right now. I deal with hormonal acne mostly, and it's been a pain in the butt for the past few years. The things that I am sure have helped are: switching to natural, organic skincare and cosmetics, taking Carlson's cod liver oil and vitamin D daily, and limiting sugar and caffeine intake. What I've been trying that I think is helping is using the oil cleansing method. Oil dissolves oil, so cleansing with it makes sense. I rub organic extra virgin coconut oil on my dry face, massage in for about a minute or two, wipe off completely with warm wet wash cloth, wash face with African black soap, and then moisturize with a light organic moisturizer.

KelleyP77

Answer by KelleyP77 at 4:10 PM on Dec. 30, 2010

• i stopped eating junk
    san78

Answer by san78 at 9:56 AM on Dec. 31, 2010

• Proactive is a good product, try not to be so stressed that causes breakouts.
    Momabear455

Answer by Momabear455 at 1:06 PM on Dec. 31, 2010

• Wash your face twice a day with a very mild soap (like unscented baby soap) and a soft wash cloth; follow with a light, oil free moisturizer (like Just Tomatoes or Lush). Once a day, before you wash your face, put on a honey mask (just honey, a great anti-bacterial). Every three days add a pinch of baking soda to the honey to exfoliate. Check back with me in two weeks and tell me how this worked.

Answer by rkoloms at 12:11 PM on Jan. 1, 2011

• don't know what to say m suffering myself, good question by the way
    soraya14

Answer by soraya14 at 7:38 PM on Jan. 4, 2011

• clean and clear its in a silver bottle with a purple cap!!!!! also no sugar and soda and chocolate, chocolate will break me out in acne bad
    kris8525

Answer by kris8525 at 11:41 PM on Jan. 5, 2011