What is the best product out there for dry/cracked skin on the feet?

Ever since I got pregnant this time around my feet are just embarrassing! So much dead skin around my heels and on the balls of my feet. Every night I put on some lotion and socks and sleep with them on and try and do this often throughout the day. I have a pumice stone that I use nightly as well but it really doesn't make much of a difference. Any suggestions? Because going to get pedis done twice a month is out of the question!

Ctink8189

Asked by Ctink8189 at 1:52 PM on Dec. 30, 2010 in Beauty & Style

• Vaseline is a barrier protector and does not have healing propertiies. 100% pure shea butter and the sock method works and HEALS!
    dulcesnaturales

Answer by dulcesnaturales at 2:38 PM on Dec. 30, 2010

• Products that contain a significant percentage (more than 10) of urea can help eat away the dead skin, and then it's a matter of avoiding it coming back: wear socks and shoes that fit properly (to avoid the rubbing that causes calluses) and dry feet thoroughly after bathing (to avoid chapping caused by air drying) and then moisturize with something emollient --not petroleum jelly or anything made with it, but something that penetrates, like shea butter. Mmmm... shea butter....
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 1:54 PM on Dec. 30, 2010

• try vaseline and socks...
    JazzyJes

Answer by JazzyJes at 1:54 PM on Dec. 30, 2010

• try a cream called NO CRACK! LOVE LOVE LOVE it and my skin is So dry!
    rebeccadac

Answer by rebeccadac at 1:58 PM on Dec. 30, 2010

• Flexitol
    KARRIEMARIE

Answer by KARRIEMARIE at 2:01 PM on Dec. 30, 2010

• I agree with JazzyJess... Vaseline and socks work wonders!!! As well as Aquafor and socks!
    TsMommy428

Answer by TsMommy428 at 2:07 PM on Dec. 30, 2010

• sally hansen foot creme. i put it on after getting a shower and before bed.

LoriAnn87

Answer by LoriAnn87 at 2:19 PM on Dec. 30, 2010

• Shea butter and socks works wonders!!!!
    Collegemommy910

Answer by Collegemommy910 at 4:34 PM on Dec. 30, 2010

• Cracked heels are usually a result of excess callouses and dryness, you need to get one of those pedegg shavers, they work wonders. My husband is on his feet on concrete all day and his heels would crack and bleed, because the pressure of his weight and the callouses, so this has completely solved his problem. You take down the excess callous, then moisturize and you're good to go, I really love Gold Bond softening lotion for my hands and feet.
    AshleyBDG

Answer by AshleyBDG at 5:39 PM on Dec. 30, 2010

• I love Aveda's Foot relief. It works the best in my opinion. I know you said getting pedis done are out of the question but try doing a pedi on yourself. That's what I do. I get a little tub and fill it up with warm water and salts, I soak my feet and massage the foot cream with an oil. My feet are super smooth. Try doing this often and you will notice a difference.
    BrandyBaby22

Answer by BrandyBaby22 at 5:58 PM on Dec. 30, 2010