Took the kids to the pool yesterday ....

we were there for about 2 hours when DS1 came up to me and his face was raw from the chlorine in the pool (he does have a skin condition that makes his skin VERY sensitive) we left the pool and I got him home and washed his face and covered him with an antibiotic ointment and kept him that way the rest of the day and night... this morning he woke up not so raw but VERY swollen in the eyes and face! Besides the antibiotic ointment any ideas on what i should do? he says it is still sore

Asked by rebeccadac at 2:06 PM on Dec. 30, 2010 in Health

• Perhaps a nice oatmeal bath to soothe his skin, topically. Just fill a sock with traditional oats, tie it off, soak it in the tub and squeeze out the water (it will be milky and turn the bath water white).

Also, I recommend calling the pool and telling them their chlorine is too strong. That can be dangerous, even for kids without sensitive skin.

Answer by MariAnKenobi at 7:04 PM on Dec. 30, 2010

• I would take him to see a doctor maybe they can give him some medicine to help him out

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 2:07 PM on Dec. 30, 2010

• agreed, you can also give him some Ibeprophen for the swelling.

Answer by tntmom1027 at 2:08 PM on Dec. 30, 2010

• Take him to the doctor

Answer by CadensMama117 at 2:10 PM on Dec. 30, 2010

• Ouch! I'd take him to the Dr just to be on the safe side.

Answer by sstepph at 3:28 PM on Dec. 30, 2010

• Called the office and knowing his condition she gave me a few ideas to try...I was on the right track!

Comment by rebeccadac (original poster) at 3:52 PM on Dec. 30, 2010

• I hate chlorine! My son will not swim in chlorine because of how it makes his skin so raw, and I don't like it either. We pretty much just pass up the swimming all summer unless it is salt pool or we are going in a lake.

Answer by KTMOM at 1:03 AM on Dec. 31, 2010