AFFORDABLE birthday party ideas?

I'm trying to think of some good ideas for my DD's February birthday party. She'll be 8 yrs old.

Last year we didn't go anywhere, just had her party in our small 3 bedroom ranch house. We didn't plan any activites, just let the girls play and socialize...NEVER AGAIN!!! This resulted in Lots of creaming and running, even 1 girl crying, and me praying for it to end!

What can we do for her that won't require a 2nd mortgage on our house?

amyb99

Asked by amyb99 at 2:08 PM on Dec. 30, 2010 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• Last year we had dds`party at our house too, sounds like the same size house as yours too! I had them decorate cupcakes, I made several different colors of icing, and lots of candy to decorate them with. They each got to decorate 4. One we put a candle in, and lit it up as we sang happy bday to my dd. So we didnt have to so the cake thing :) That took up a good amount of time. We also played pass the parcel, where all the girls sat in a circle and passed a present that had been wrapped several times. Music going...then when the music stopped, whoever held the present unwrapped a layer. That goes on untill the last layer is open, the holder keeps the present! We also played pin the wings on tinkerbell, and then musical chairs. After that dd got out her strobe light and they danced around! IT went well! Mind you, I only allowed 5 girls. I made my own goodie bags(lipgloss, gum, notebook, nailpolish, hotchocolate pack) It was
    minimo77

Answer by minimo77 at 3:07 PM on Dec. 30, 2010

• Head to a local park with playground and covered area. Very cheap and you can find fun outdoor things to do.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 2:12 PM on Dec. 30, 2010

• cont- It was great as I wasnt stressed out, I had everything ready, and it was a fun day for all! Dds bday is in january, so I cant do outside activities either. Good luck! My advice is to have things to do, and keep the number of friends invited to as many as will fit at your table for cake!:)
    minimo77

Answer by minimo77 at 3:09 PM on Dec. 30, 2010

• chuck e cheese!!!! they have coupons online for tokens. all you have to do is provide the cake and goodie bags!!! easy!
    deyrita09

Answer by deyrita09 at 2:16 PM on Dec. 30, 2010

• I second Chuck E Cheese. It will be around $200 - $250. Total. you don't have to do a thing. Just show up. The kids have a great time. They even supply the cake and goody bags!
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 2:22 PM on Dec. 30, 2010

• simple frownAny outdoor activity is out of the question in February in Cincinnati.

amyb99

Comment by amyb99 (original poster) at 2:25 PM on Dec. 30, 2010

• ROllerskating or bowling!!
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 5:43 PM on Dec. 30, 2010

• Are there bounce houses nearby? I have kids of all ages love those. Kind of like an indoor theme park.
    Liansmommie

Answer by Liansmommie at 12:50 AM on Jan. 3, 2011