When baby rolls from back to belly!? EECK

I am so confused.... My baby milestones says my baby should be trying to flip to her belly asap... (she is 17 weeks)... She is so so close, which is exciting, but also scary! What do I do if she rolls over in her crib at night? Is she at a higher risk for SIDS if she is on her belly? I just don't know what I am supposed to do when she is flipping around on a regular basis! What did everyone else do??

msparklym13

Asked by msparklym13 at 2:22 PM on Dec. 30, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• the older she gets less the risk just keep a close eye on her my lil girl was doing the same she is now 6mouths n about to crawl good luck
    chipNskip

Answer by chipNskip at 2:27 PM on Dec. 30, 2010

• Once they can flip around, they have more control over themselves. If they can flip over, they can keep their face from smothering.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 2:27 PM on Dec. 30, 2010

• She'll be fine. All my babies slept on their belly and didn't die of SIDS

Answer by admckenzie at 3:22 PM on Dec. 30, 2010

• Put her to bed on her back and then just leave her alone. If she flips over on her own during the night that is fine, it will not increase her risk for SIDS.
    maggiemom2000

Answer by maggiemom2000 at 3:33 PM on Dec. 30, 2010

• Once they can roll they are fine to sleep on their tummies and there isn't anything you can do about it anyway. They will roll over if they want and all 5 of my kids preferred to sleep on their tummies once they figured out how to roll (they were all around 3-5 months).
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 4:15 PM on Dec. 30, 2010

• Just practice with her during the day as much as possible. It's best if she can lean to roll both ways, than just one way. That way she can flip back in the crib. Don't forget to remove your bumpers or use breathable bumpers, to prevent her airway being obstructed. ALSO, wearable blankets are great because she won't be able to get it caught around her or her neck also, when babies start to roll they also get arms and legs stuck in the crib rails. Hope this helps. Also don't for get your doctor is a great resource for these questions also.... American Academy of Pediatric web site.
    lmt_mom2010

Answer by lmt_mom2010 at 6:31 PM on Dec. 30, 2010