Any wifes been in this situation and why so some people act like this?

Why do some women try an talk only to your husband try an ingore you and act like theyr competing against you? Any wife been in this situation when you go somewhere this happens to me alot and even when I was just dating guys some women would do it then to, and theyd just give me crusty looks. I just laugh it off but its stupid, I myself have never done this to anyone so to me its pathetic.

babydoll845

Asked by babydoll845 at 2:25 PM on Dec. 30, 2010 in Relationships

• Yes, it has and does happen to me.

When we were younger, my husband was totally clueless and would just keep talking. He really didn't "get" what was going on.

Now that we are much older (both are are spitting distance to 50), and a woman does this, he points me out/brings me into the conversation. He will ask me what I think, or make it very clear who/what I am & that I am his focus & any conversation being had with another woman in a social situation will include me.
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 2:32 PM on Dec. 30, 2010

• i agree with pixie on everything.... also pixie..sounds like u have a good man. and happy to say mine is the same way..i have had this done to me many times and i will put myself in the conversation while holding my husband..corse this was when we use to go out lol..but i would make it apoint to let her know yeah hunny im here. thats when my dh started getting clued in what was happening and he started to make sure i was included or asks me what i think or would point to me and have me come over. i agree though it does get annoying.
    tabbys4

Answer by tabbys4 at 2:39 PM on Dec. 30, 2010

• LMFAO Women are very possessive and territorial. And some women are unfortunately very insecure in there relationship. Lol its sad really
    CadensMama117

Answer by CadensMama117 at 3:08 PM on Dec. 30, 2010

• hahahah women are catty & some are very insecure, its kind of sad.
    JT32606

Answer by JT32606 at 3:23 PM on Dec. 30, 2010

• I have had it happen a time or two. Usually what I have done is just cut into the conversation. I seem meek until you mess with my children or my dh! Honestly, though, they really look pathetic when they try to push their way to the front to be the center of attention. Desperate, really.
    Austinsmom35

Answer by Austinsmom35 at 3:43 PM on Dec. 30, 2010

• Yeah it has happened, it is both flattering any annoying when other women hit on your DH. My husband is another one of those oblivious men who just doesn't notice when he is being hit on (and he really doesn't poor naive man). I guess women who do that sort of thing are just so insecure about themselves that they actually make themselves out to look much worse. Poor senseless hoes.............
    AshleyBishop06

Answer by AshleyBishop06 at 5:01 PM on Dec. 30, 2010

• It's kinda funny really... Let them come on to my Husband... let them ignore me and play their little games.... the simple fact is..... they can NEVER measure up to me in my Husband's eyes... I know that to be true and therefore it doesn't bother me at all.
    Crimsonia

Answer by Crimsonia at 6:12 PM on Dec. 30, 2010

• They're either clueless or they love the attention.
    _Tam_

Answer by _Tam_ at 4:27 AM on Dec. 31, 2010