did anyone watch extream couponing lastnight?

i watched it and was in shock to think i could go to a store buy a ton of stuff ( toiet paper garoraid ceral ) and only spend less then what i actully spend now would make me so happy. one man spent before coupons over 5,000 after coupons and sales..241.00 so did u catch the show? it was on TLC for me it was on at 8pm. just wondering who watched it and your thoughts...

tabbys4

Asked by tabbys4 at 2:26 PM on Dec. 30, 2010 in Entertainment

• I thought it was just nuts.
    LoriAnn87

Answer by LoriAnn87 at 2:28 PM on Dec. 30, 2010

• I did! I was amazed at the amounts saved! Makes me wanna try it but some of those people have a hoarding issue... i hope that they donate some of those goods!
    rebeccadac

Answer by rebeccadac at 2:28 PM on Dec. 30, 2010

• I watched it, but Im not sure I get it. The coupon people even stated that its like a game of chess and I suck at that,,,lol..but really, most coupons I see in the ads arent for free items. You have to spend money to get the deals. That last guy with the $5000 bill, struck me as a hoarder. All he was giving to charity was the cereal and yet he had 2 million sticks of deoderant in his garage! and what about the tooth brushes? Just seemed really extreme to me to tuck away that many things. But, I guess its worth it.
    beyondhopes

Answer by beyondhopes at 2:31 PM on Dec. 30, 2010

• I missed it! :( But I am just now getting into cutting coupons.. lets hope I save that much money :) CRAZY!
    TsMommy428

Answer by TsMommy428 at 2:32 PM on Dec. 30, 2010

• ya know what, after I typed this I thought of something. This guy is sooo good at doing this coupon thing, wouldnt it be great if people like this got paid for doing it for a charity organization! Wouldnt that be great if someone watching the show last night offered him a position to go out and do this for the needy? It can be done, they proved it last night...hmm, something to think about anyway
    beyondhopes

Answer by beyondhopes at 2:44 PM on Dec. 30, 2010

• lol beyondhopes...i stink at chess too. i did get confused on somethings they were saying but had an understanding. i would like to buy a load of stuff and spend less of corse BUT i wouldnt be doing it again 2 to 3 weeks later. just the one time and be happy that i saved so much and dont have to do it again till i really needed to. tsmommy428..if u get a chance to see it watch it its just crazy.
    tabbys4

Comment by tabbys4 (original poster) at 2:44 PM on Dec. 30, 2010

• Horrible show - most of their "shops" were staged. You can't really use that many exact duplicate coupons in the same sale. Like the woman breaking the register - that doesn't happen because you aren't allowed to use the same coupon on 50 things or 100 things. Those are hoarders who happen to use coupons, not to mention scammers. Two of them take all that stuff and resell it at garage sales and flea markets.

If anyone is interested in how to do that for real, send me a pm, but you DON'T buy 1000 rolls of toilet paper or 100 boxes of pasta to do it right - you get everything free, but you only get what you NEED.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 4:32 PM on Dec. 30, 2010

• I'm telling ya! Thats outrageous!!

HOW do they think they are saving money when it seems apparent that they LOSE money when food expires! Im sorry but they ALL needed to donate! Sodas only last several months now, so those get wasted. WHY does she need to shop like that in the first place, every week when you can clearly see she has enough food and detergents to last years!!!
    The food will expire in the cans, and all of it is perishable. I did not see them buy ANYTHING frozen........just boxed and jarred foods.

And deoderants and toothbrushes, toothpastes? I sure as heck hope that guy DOES give them away at his church along with all those boxes of cereal be bought.

Insane......food .......shopping.......hoarding!

I would love to be able to have the space to do that and shop like that, BUT give what I get away to the needy as I already have all I'd need from previous trips! Ya know??
    LilyPondOasis

Answer by LilyPondOasis at 5:32 PM on Dec. 30, 2010

• beyondhopes.........he said he liked to smell good!! So thats what he had so many deodorants! 

LilyPondOasis

Answer by LilyPondOasis at 6:02 PM on Dec. 30, 2010

• He had them because he sells them at flea markets.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 6:48 PM on Dec. 30, 2010