family picture ideas PLEASE!!

Hello we are getting our pictures done tonight and i am in need of some major ideas! Its Me, My Husband, Son (4), Son (18 mths). I have no idea what we should all wear or how to coordinate. If my husband and I dont get in the pics thats fine too so even ideas on how to coordinate the boys would be great! Thanks

PS - some new poses would be awesome also!

mommyofone15

Asked by mommyofone15 at 2:26 PM on Dec. 30, 2010 in General Parenting

• Whatever you do, don't do like these people:

http://awkwardfamilyphotos.com/

Anonymous

• We just got a family picture and have four kids ages 4 and under (well the oldest is now 5). We all wore blue. Some were slightly different shades of blue, but it really isn't noticeable. Pick a color, or two colors that you all have a shirt in, and go with that. Or, the boys can wear one color and you wear another. Personally I think jeans/khakis and a white shirt looks great!

Have FUN with it. It is so hard to get little ones smiling and laughing for pictures. After a while they get SO tired of it. THe photographer had to do one more pose with us and the kids were getting whiny. I suggested we just have fun. My husband and I both put a child on our shoulders. One stood up between us and hung on for dear life, and the other sat in front. EVERY single child was laughing and looking at the camera in spite of being worn out. It was the only good picture!! So go have fun! Do something crazy. You may LOVE it!
    micheledo

Answer by micheledo at 2:34 PM on Dec. 30, 2010

• Okay seriously, maybe a picture with the younger child in the older child's lap.

Could you get the younger to lay still enough for a few minutes - both boys laying face down with their elbows on the ground and heads propped up, so they're heads are right next to each other?

You as a family, DH on left (for the picture left), you on the right, younger boy in DH's arms, older one in your arms/lap.

You as a family. You and DH sitting on the floor. Have each boy leaning their head on one of your's shoulders.

You and DH just dress up nice - no matching to each other or the boys. Dress the boys the same as each other. White shirts and khakis or Blue button down shirts and khakis.
    Anonymous

• Thanks! It sounds like you had lots of fun! My husband and I have wore black and white too many times to coordinate with the boys because thats the easiest but its getting old! lol I love matching the boys but am just braindead at the moment! lol

Yes i was thinking of the boys going on each of our backs like a piggy back ride as a pose! that would be cute! and maybe alittle kiss from mommy and daddy would be cute also!
    mommyofone15

Comment by mommyofone15 (original poster) at 2:40 PM on Dec. 30, 2010

• Ha! We are usually in burgundy or red, or red and gray, or red and black. I changed it this year and did navy. LOL!! Without buying new stuff, it is hard to come up with something that we all have the same color.

I'm doing jeans and t-shirts/white shirts next year.
    micheledo

Answer by micheledo at 2:42 PM on Dec. 30, 2010

• we go to portait innovatins and they do different poses like laying down, sitting in a rocking chair, standing up back to back, Even reading a book. We dressed in christmas clothes but since after christmas maybe something special for the new year outfits, or even red and white for valentines day. We usually do not match and everyone wears something different. as for all of you I like the piggy back one you said would be cute.
    momindiana

Answer by momindiana at 2:54 PM on Dec. 30, 2010

• some of those pics were awful, like the first one..i like the one w/ the 6 babies on pg 13..that was cute...
    JazzyJes

Answer by JazzyJes at 3:48 PM on Dec. 30, 2010

• thanks everyone! I ended up putting jean bib overalls with no shirts on the boys and the pics turned out super cute! And then for our family pic i wore a red shirt and dh wore navy blue. we did do the piggy back family picture and that also turned out very cute! The 4 year old was on my back and the 18 mth old was on dh shoulders. Dh sat on a stool and i stood.
    mommyofone15

Comment by mommyofone15 (original poster) at 11:17 PM on Jan. 1, 2011