is it bad to drink coffee when you have cramps?

im having bad period like cramps yet no period and its like in my back. its hurts. should i be drinking coffee(starbucks carmel frappe) or would it make it worse? and what can i drink or eat or do to help the cramps?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:28 PM on Dec. 30, 2010 in Health

• Honestly if you look at the ingredients in Midol, you will see caffiene. Just don't overload on it. I think starbucks would be a bad idea since it's got 200% more sugar and caffiene in it that just an average cup of joe.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 2:44 PM on Dec. 30, 2010

• my doc told me that caffine came make your cramps worse...stick to water
    rebeccadac

Answer by rebeccadac at 2:29 PM on Dec. 30, 2010

• no coffee is not bad at all i recommend you to drink warm milk or hot teas warm stuff are good went your cramping avoid eating cold stuff it just makes it worse.
    karensworld

Answer by karensworld at 2:34 PM on Dec. 30, 2010

• talk a shower or lay down with a heating pad coffee never affected me i have had 3 kids they only get worse the older u get another odd trick i do is i lay down on my back bring my knees close to my belly that always dose the trick without taking midol + midol has caffeine in it good luck
    chipNskip

Answer by chipNskip at 2:44 PM on Dec. 30, 2010

• If it makes you happy it can't hurt! How about some Aleve? How about a heating pad or heat pack? Hope you find what helps you! feel Better soon!!
    Angellinda

Answer by Angellinda at 2:49 PM on Dec. 30, 2010

• Stick to water
    sstepph

Answer by sstepph at 3:27 PM on Dec. 30, 2010

• thanks ladies for the advice. ima try everything you guys said. i might end up going to the doctor since my period not regular and ive never had cramps this bad.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 4:05 PM on Dec. 30, 2010