What do you think?

First "period" (more like spotting, i never needed a pad) after going off bc was in 0ct, 3 mths after going off the pill, 6 weeks later (end of november) i got and actual "normal" period. Looked normal lasted 5 days normal. So the question is i was expecting my period to come on monday (which would be weeks from last period) and there was and still is nothing. I did a pg test tuesday and it was negative. Do you think i tested too early or do you think my period will be coming in 2 weeks and have it every 6 weeks for awhile....what do ya think? My son had his 18 mth check up yesterday and my doc said i could have tested too early. She tested 3 days after she missed her period - it was negative - and then a week later she tested and was pregnant! Please no bashing - If you have a negative comment i would rather not hear thanks!

mommyofone15

Asked by mommyofone15 at 2:31 PM on Dec. 30, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• *(which would be 4 weeks from last period)* sry
    mommyofone15

Comment by mommyofone15 (original poster) at 2:33 PM on Dec. 30, 2010

• The pills change your hormon system. So when you came off it your sys has to be go back to normal. So anything can happen. Maybe your body just trying to go back to normal. But if you can feel any other sign of the pregnancy than test it later a bit. Do you want another child? If yes and you are pregnant than congrats. If you are trying than I am crossing my fingers:P Doctors say that the body needs around half a year to go back to the normal hormone system. So if you are not pregnant yet than keep trying:)
    adriennfaklya

Answer by adriennfaklya at 2:40 PM on Dec. 30, 2010

• Just from my personal experience, my period was messed up for 6 months after getting off of birth control. I'd go 2 months without a period (freaking out because I thought I was pregnant even though we were using protection). It's hard to say. Wait a week and take another test. It can take a while for your body to get back on track. If you're actively trying, I'd suggest getting ovulation prediction strips to check and see if you're ovulating and when. Good luck =)
    Nanixh

Answer by Nanixh at 2:45 PM on Dec. 30, 2010

• thanks! we are open to a new baby but not exactly TRYING. I mean i know the week im suppose to ovulate so i keep that in mind but if we dont feel up to it we dont do it. I know trying for our second child it took 6 mths so im expecting that but this is month 5 so im just curious if this is the month....lol
    mommyofone15

Comment by mommyofone15 (original poster) at 2:50 PM on Dec. 30, 2010

• It can take up to a year for your hormones to regulate back out and for you to start ovulating regularly. I would suggest charting so that you know if you did ovulate rather than taking tests every month that you are late.

To answer your question, you could be pregnant or you could just have ovulated late or not at all. Along with that, the average cycle is NOT 28 days. Only @ 25% of women actually have a 28 day cycle. Mine is 31 days so if I was to test at 28 days, it would come up negative even if I were pregnant. From ovulation and conception, it takes 12 days for there to be enough hormone in urine to register on a test.

Also, along with that your cycle can change after being on BC. It could have been a 30 day cycle before and then after getting off BC, it could be a 32 or 28 day cycle. (the numbers are just examples).
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 3:07 PM on Dec. 30, 2010