How do you let go

Of your past when you did wrong to the man you love, he has forgiven you. But you cant seem to let it go. Leaving when drunk and not remembering what u did.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:35 PM on Dec. 30, 2010 in Relationships

• Well first off stop drinking and maybe get some counseling
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 2:35 PM on Dec. 30, 2010

• I can only speak for myself.

When I have wronged my husband (which I have done greatly in the past). I had to work to make amends. I had to accept my faults, accept what I did, accept why I did it (there is always a reason as to why we do the things we do..sometimes we just have to look really deep to find that reason), then work on my issues that were the root cause so that I never did those things again. From their make an active effort to change me in order to make me a better person.

The wrongs we do to those we love do not make us who we are, nor do they define our relationship. What we do AFTER those wrongs, how we respond to them, how we try to make ourselves better and the situation better DOES define us and our relationships.
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 2:44 PM on Dec. 30, 2010

• As many times in the past I have to agree with Pixie -
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 2:46 PM on Dec. 30, 2010

• My partner and I had a really rough start. He wanted something serious and I didn't- but I still had feelings for him. I continued to see other people which hurt him greatly. But I was hurt more because of the pain I caused him. He finally asked me one day "How is anyone else going to forgive you until you forgive yourself?"

I took that to heart. I started thinking about my situation and why I wasn't ready even though he was. It was rational. Only through that realization was I able to forgive myself. We have been together for 3 years now.
    meandrphoto

Answer by meandrphoto at 3:21 PM on Dec. 30, 2010

• stop drinking. if you dont remember what you did, you obviously have a problem. you shouldnt be drinking to the point of blacking out.
    JT32606

Answer by JT32606 at 3:21 PM on Dec. 30, 2010

• Well said pixie!
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 3:33 PM on Dec. 30, 2010

• Stop drinking, for starters. Have a nice long talk with your husband. If that doesn't work out, seek professional help.
    _Tam_

Answer by _Tam_ at 4:26 AM on Dec. 31, 2010