How long has it been since you've smoked?

Cigarettes ? do you miss it? Do you still crave it?
I LOVED smoking but needed to quit for my son ( of course myself too ) But I miss it still - its only been 16 months But.. I still think about getting a pack on a weekly basis and happily, I talk myself out of it.. but wondering how long it takes for someone to never want it again?

maxsmom11807

Asked by maxsmom11807 at 2:36 PM on Dec. 30, 2010 in Just for Fun

• It has been 10 years for my husband and he said that he hasn't craved a cigarette in 5 or 6 years. Now my mom on the other hand LOVED her cigarettes and even though it has been 11 years since she quit, she still desperately wants a cigarette often. She has said that if her cancer comes back that she will take up smoking again.
    So it seems the craving of it varies with each person. Good job quitting!
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 2:47 PM on Dec. 30, 2010

• Probably 7 years. I would LOVE one right now!!! But I won't!
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 2:54 PM on Dec. 30, 2010

• I quit for 18 months and it never got easier, like u I craved them all the time, I broke down stole couple drags, led to a whole one now I back to the horrible habit...STAY STRONG, don't break down takes nothing to get addicted again...GOOD LUCK, you can do it!!!
    proudestmomma02

Answer by proudestmomma02 at 3:20 PM on Dec. 30, 2010

• It will be 31 years in Feb.
    PA-PAGrandma

Answer by PA-PAGrandma at 9:17 PM on Dec. 30, 2010

• almost 23 years will be 23 on my 23rd birthday :)

I give kuttos to those who quit. I watched my husband struggle to quit and know it isnt easy
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 2:38 PM on Dec. 30, 2010

• 4 days. SO decided that our new year resolution would be to quit. We are using the e-cigarettes. I quit for almost 5 years and started back up 9 months ago. Not a big deal for me to quit.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 2:39 PM on Dec. 30, 2010

• Never have... My husband quit when we met ;)
    kiansmom0423

Answer by kiansmom0423 at 2:42 PM on Dec. 30, 2010

• About 10 minutes ago.
    cutebaby06

Answer by cutebaby06 at 2:43 PM on Dec. 30, 2010

• I never did! I hated the smell Etc.. I'm Happy & Proud of all that Quit! Yay. Good Luck! Think how bad they are for you! How it makes you smell & gets into your hair, clothes, eyes and skin. How it turns your body Etc.. DH smoked! I tried to get him to stop when out first born was born. He was 21. He couldn't! But he stopped after our second child was born. You Can do it! Think about how much money you save not buying them. Think of how much healthier you are without them. Good Luck to all that have quit and will Quit!
    Angellinda

Answer by Angellinda at 2:47 PM on Dec. 30, 2010

• ten years ago no.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 2:47 PM on Dec. 30, 2010