In your opinon, if two women lured a man into an ambush, where three other people attacked him, hit him with a shotgun, and took $11, what should the two women's sentence be?

Is 16 years behind bars not enouch, too much, or just right? Should the cost of one of the women's health play into their release?

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20101230/ap_on_re_us/us_sisters_pardon_kidney

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:48 PM on Dec. 30, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• They should be locked up for a long time. The men could have died from one blow to the head.
    Anonymous

• That it was only 11 dollars doesn't matter. It was armed robbery. They lured a man to his possible death.
    SuperChicken

Answer by SuperChicken at 2:55 PM on Dec. 30, 2010

• They should remain locked away
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 2:56 PM on Dec. 30, 2010

• The sentence they got is what they should have.
    bcauseimthemom

Answer by bcauseimthemom at 2:56 PM on Dec. 30, 2010

• They went from DOUBLE LIFE SENTENCES to being released (suspended sentences) on the condition that one gives a kidney to the other.

It was 2 men that were beaten and robbed for $11. The amount doesn't matter. These women knew exactly what they were doing when they did it and while double life sentences was harsh, 16 years isn't enough
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 2:56 PM on Dec. 30, 2010

• I think the sentence they got was fair. Just because they only got $11 doesn't make it any less of a crime. I saw this and it was like they were making it out to be a harsh sentence because it was a burglary for $11 and got life in prison.
    sue118

Answer by sue118 at 3:02 PM on Dec. 30, 2010

• I have seen this story post many times elsewhere, never commented... I am not a lawyer, judge or anyone in law enforcement. That being said and taking into account the way this justice system operates, I feel the women have served their time. No, health issues should not play a part in the release of these women. Dont they have health care in prison? IJS!!! Now if I were a lawyer, judge or a person in law enforcement... These women would have been sentenced to life in prison... 1. CONSPIRING to commit a felony offence. 2. Using a weapon, unregisterd to commit a felony offence 3. CORRUPTING juveniles to commit a felony offence. I could go on. What if they killed someone... The domino effect of their actions and what could have happened, to me, they should have a life sentence. If we were somewhere else doing this fuckery they would cease to exist.
    dulcesnaturales

Answer by dulcesnaturales at 3:07 PM on Dec. 30, 2010

• Welcome to MS.
    The only reason Haley let them go is because he wants to run for President, and his recent racist comments will be hard to negate. It's a political move and that's it.
    jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 3:15 PM on Dec. 30, 2010

• Without health problems, I think the sentence was way to excessive.
    Rnurse

Answer by Rnurse at 3:16 PM on Dec. 30, 2010

• I think the sentence was way to excessive.

So if your husband was hit over the head with a rifle or you were what kind of sentence do you think would be fair? Curious
    Anonymous